1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

*SPOILER* Global Event Strategy for The Emerald of the Rondorin Empire

Discussion in 'UO Sonoma' started by Angel of Sonoma, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

By now a lot of the details I am going to share are already posted in other forums. But for the sake of our small shard, I would like people to be prepared for our global event. I've attend the event on 4 shards and it's been a mess. On LA, it took 2 1/2 hours to slay ONE serpent.

This event is held in the Tokuno Islands. Twenty (20) serpents spawn in the waters surrounding the islands. If we tackle all the serpents at once, you can expect the event to last approximately 4-5 hours. The markers for the serpents have a 4 week life span so it appears as though we can complete the event over the course of 4 weeks. The downside is that the serpents may roam making them more difficult to find.

With that said, we need someone with a sextant (or UOAM or the EC) in order to travel to the given coordinates and we need Tokuno boats.

On all shards, the serpents are lured from the sea to the closest land mass. The shoreline of the Tokuno Islands is not conducive to melee and also not mage friendly (target not seen).

The best strategy I've seen is sandwiching the serpent between land and a High Seas boat equipped with a cannon. Archers & Tamers attack from shore while cannon balls are fired at the serpent from the boat. Side note: One archer told me he was using a Reptile Slayer and doing 225 points of damage per shot!

Another strategy I haven't seen used yet, is to have 4 boats that surround the serpent and fight on the water. This might be a riskier approach and definately takes more coordination/teamwork.

So those are my key takeaways from the event on other shards. Good luck Sonoma!

2. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thanks Angel for the info, appreciate it!

3. Drakelord

Drakelord Stratics Sonoma Reporter
    Reporter Professional Governor

Thanks! Time to dust off the Juka bow. Good luck everyone on Sonoma, I bet this will show we need traffic lights and sea lanes when they start putting their ships to sea today.

4. Drakelord

Drakelord Stratics Sonoma Reporter
    Reporter Professional Governor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last picture was the last one for me, I was told there was three left, it was almost 2am, (Central) when I quit.

Deaol, EMWillow and Angel of Sonoma like this.
  5. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

thanks for the pics! i really need to get UOSU off my old desktop to take screenshots the easy way. (OT Note: the last time i attempted to download UOSU from the web i got virus warnings.)

after 5 hours of battle i had to log but there were still 2 coils left to kill. i wonder if the few remaining players finished them off.

as for our EM....all i can say is thank you. Willow did such an awesome job overseeing the event and helping our small shard! even the offsharders were making comments about what a great EM we have.

Deaol, EMWillow and Drakelord like this.
  6. MANSBETH

MANSBETH Seasoned Veteran

Good Time!
    It was great to see so many Sonomaites!

Deaol, Parnoc, EMWillow and 2 others like this.
  7. MrUber

MrUber Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

i was a mere visitor to sonoma (character named Stinky Pinky, my arhcer) have to say was Great fun guys! and looking forward to visiting again soon!! and fyi that was me hitting 200+ =)) thanks again for the fun and EM Willow was awesome!! (I do wonder what happened to the remaining 3 coils lol i was beat i too had to log lol

8. EMWillow

EMWillow UO Event Moderator
    UO Event Moderator UO Event Moderator

*blushes*
    I love my shard! It's you guys who are awesome!!

Deaol and MANSBETH like this.
  9. Deaol

Deaol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Great event and great turn out. The local Sonoma player base is the best to be found anywhere. :danceb::thumbsup::troll:

Drakelord likes this.