1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Spring Rares Fest on Lake Superior!

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Fraggles, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Fraggles

Fraggles Guest

Here is our schedule of Events

Theme: Spring
    Days: 8th to 10th April, 2011
    Opening Ceremony: 10 am central,11 eastern,8 pacific
    Closing Ceremony: sunday 8 estrn, 7 central, 5 pacific

Relay Race
    Host:Smokey Of Ls
    Day/Time: Friday 7pm central,6pacific,8 estn
    From brit to skara, will consist of teams of 4 (will ajust depending on participation) wearing colored robes. there will be baton pass points along the way and the trail will be marked. Prizes will be awarded to 1st 2nd and 3rd place prizes are:
    20m for first (each member of the team is awarded 20m)
    10m for secand (each team member)
    5m for 3rd (each team memeber)
    rules: no pets,no recalling,must stay on marked route must hold baton til they hand it off,

Wabbit Race
    Host:Mokey fraggle/Venus
    Day/Time: Saturday 2pm central,1pm pacific,3pm est
    They can be bought the day of the event from npc provided at the fest location or we will provide them. The race will be held at the Yew track in trammel. 3 laps around the track and first to cross finish line wins.
    Prizes: rare Item goodie bags to 1st 2nd and 3rd places

Antique Roadshow

Day/Time: Sunday 12pm Central/1 eastern/11 Pacific
    knowledgeable staff will be avaliable for aprox 1 hour to apprasie and give history on items brought to them
    Hosts: Jinx, Diablo and possibly manticore

Vendor Giveways
    Sticking with the theme for this fest, on sunday we ask that you dress your vendors in spring colors/decor and we will award a prize for the best theme vendor.
    Time/date: Sunday 3 estrn,2 central, 1 pacific
    Prizes: Engraved statue, one winner for each house

Random Vendor Drawing
    There will also be a random giveaway at each vendor house (there are 3) for one lucky vendor. the vendor places will be numbered and when all places are filled or on sunday what ever comes first, we will draw a number and that vendor owner will be awarded a prize
    Day/Time:When Vendors are all claimed
    Prizes: 10m gold, one winner for each house

Item Raffle
    There will be 3 raffle items. The raffle tickets will be 1m each
    Singing Ball
    Ruby encrusted Ratman wand
    Mercenary Breatplate
    Time/DateSunday or when all tickets are gone, do not need to be present to win

SILENT AUCTION
    Time/Date:End Time is 11:50 Estrn,10:50 central,8:50 pacific on saterday April 10th
    Items will be accepted starting April 2nd
    Any item bid on after 11:50 PM Saturday will extend auction 10 minutes. Item will close out after it hasn't received a bid for ten consecutive minutes. This will eliminate people losing a item in the last seconds and will also provide time for everyone to post contact info, be it icq or Statics name. If you win a item and we cant get in touch with you before 9pm Sunday, we will ask the next highest bidder if they want the item for there high bid.
    Also if a item is listed with no buyout and it receives a bid we will not be able to add a buyout from that point on, so make sure you think about whether or not you want a buyout before you hand us a item. Also if a item is listed and someone has met the reserve we will not be able to remove item if seller requests. So basically the rules are gonna be a little tougher on the seller,s this time around. Once all bidding ends on all the items we will be making house private. Please be patient after that point and we will do our best to get in touch with everyone as quickly as possible.
    Remember to only give items to Demon Slayer at icq# 102388892, Sundina at icq# 95509325 or lineman at 459-176-283. If you have suggestions or any questions please icq one of us thxs.

Special Item Giveaway Event!! We will be holding a very special contest for everyone to participate in...the winner will recieve a very very nice rare!!! Details will be announced the weekend before the fest to allow everyone a fair opertunity to participate

Vendors will be given out April 2nd

We will have Several giveaways and trivia on all days of the fest.Prizes for these will be gold and items.
    There are 3 vendor houses to house aprox 150 vendors, and auction house and a stage house for awards all at the same location with easy accsess to each. We are working on a guard for harbs and will have a wondering healer just incase.The Ems have been great in helping us make this the best fest ever!
    We are also working with local auction houses to have some auctions going on during the week. There will be a usable stable at the location as well as teleporters/gates to luna and some amazeing museums. We hope you are all as excited about this as we are!!!
    CONTACTS Fraggles/Luna:369214966
    Pandora:246041976
    Smokey of LS:243010716
    Apetul/MeneM:16551611
    Demon Slayer:102388892
    Lineman:459176283
    SunDina:95509325

2. shulginist

shulginist Guest

Count me in.

I believe it was commented on before but if not at the silent auction if someone wants to bid on an item they should have to provide contact information as well to help combat against fake bids.

3. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

Yeah Sounds like a fun weekend. I am going to get started on booking my travel plans....

4. Fraggles

Fraggles Guest

Oh i forgot to add in the O/P but there is also a Silent Auction ran by Demon Slayer and lineman
    Contacts:
    Fraggles/Luna:369214966
    Pandora:246041976
    Smokey of LS:243010716
    Apetul/MeneM:16551611
    You may contact us with any questions or comments.
    We will begin vendor reserves aprox 3 weeks before the fest

5. Dani/Alina

Dani/Alina Guest

I'll be there, when will we be able to sign up for vendors?

6. Snow78

Snow78 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

count me in! I cant wait!!! *Packs Bags*

7. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

you can also contact myself aka Demon Slayer at icq# 102388892 or my gf Sundina who will be running the silent auction with me at icq# 95509325

8. lineman

lineman Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Silent Auction will end Saturday Night at Midnight. Any item bid on after 11:50 PM Saturday will extend auction 10 minutes. Item will close out after it hasn't received a bid for ten consecutive minutes. This will eliminate people losing a item in the last seconds and will also provide time for everyone to post contact info, be it icq or Statics name. If you win a item and we cant get in touch with you before 9pm Sunday, we will ask the next highest bidder if they want the item for there high bid.
    Also if a item is listed with no buyout and it receives a bid we will not be able to add a buyout from that point on, so make sure you think about whether or not you want a buyout before you hand us a item. Also if a item is listed and someone has met the reserve we will not be able to remove item if seller requests. So basically the rules are gonna be a little tougher on the seller,s this time around. Once all bidding ends on all the items we will be making house private. Please be patient after that point and we will do our best to get in touch with everyone as quickly as possible.
    Remember to only give items to Demon Slayer at icq# 102388892, Sundina at icq# 95509325 or myself at 459-176-283. If you have suggestions or any questions please icq one of us thxs.

9. Athelas

Athelas Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Awesome!

10. Ken of Napa

Stratics Veteran

I agree!

I like the rule changes ;)

11. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

And I will be....relaxing on a lawn chair and watching the festival staff pull their hair out Muawahaha!!!

So where can I reserve a vendor? I actually have stuff to sell this time!!! I am very excited!!!

*Hears Sundina's whip cracking and goes back to work* :mf_prop:

12. hungry4knowhow

Stratics Veteran

I'll be there, riding Nabin's coat tails.

Why book travel plans when you can hide in one of his big 'ole suitcases!

13. Fraggles

Fraggles Guest

Bump! Dont forget to start forming your Relay Teams!! 4 players per team!

14. Smokey of LS

Smokey of LS Guest

Yes Indeed This Will be a Weekend of Great Fun! Yes start forming teams for the Relay Race! Get ur Fancy Pink and Purple Wabbits Ready, Grab Your Vendor Spots and Save Your Gold!!! But dont miss all the fun! Hope to see everyone there!

15. Derium of ls

Derium of ls Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

As I said in a different thread:

If you're not placing a vendor to sell items but you're bringing a lot of gold over. You're more than welcome to place a free vendor at my house, just to hold all of your gold. I'll place them soon for people and allow them to stay up at least a week after rares fest ends (give you time to get things sorted for the move back).

pm me if anyone else needs a spot!

p.s. I'm on a private island, so no one will bother you or your vendor.

16. Fraggles

Fraggles Guest

Full list of events/times/dates posted as well as prizes :thumbup1:

17. PinkPandora

PinkPandora Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

What a great idea and service to our Visitors!

I can give out some free vendors in Zento to hold your gold and/or sell a few trinkets. I will also let them to stay up at least a week after the Rares Fest ends (give you time to get things sorted for the move back).

PM me if anyone needs a spot!

18. Fraggles

Fraggles Guest

Dont forget to get a relay team together!

19. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

I promise better news coverage and pictures this time *Grins*

20. Apetul

Apetul Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
    Stratics Veteran

21. Prime.

Prime. Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I couldn't find one, maybe I'm just not looking hard enough, but is there a x-fer thread yet for items?

22. Smokey of LS

Smokey of LS Guest

Hello Everyone! The Spring Rares Fest is just around the corner, hope everyone is gettin there bags of items gathered up and gold to spend! we hope to see alot of people there and lots of vendors up! so make sure if you havent gotten a vendor spot yet to grab one! and i hope to see alot of people for the Relay Race, make sure to make teams now if you can! there will be lots of fun and games and prizes! dont miss out on that big item!

23. Fraggles

Fraggles Guest

Make sure you check back here on Saterday April 2nd to see how you can win a A Petal From The Golden Lotus Of Heaven! we will be announcing the details of this contest on saterday to give everyone a fair chance at winning this amazing gift only at Lake Superior Rares Fest 2011!!!

24. Snow78

Snow78 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

where is it located again? Cords

25. lol, he beat me to it :(. coords would be great as the pic in another thread didnt show local very well.

26. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

You kidding? It showed it perfectly. I found it immediately just from looking at the pic once. Seems some merchants need a better grasp on the lands they'll be traveling. :p

27. Fraggles

Fraggles Guest

Hope to see everyone At the Fest tomorrow!! Opening ceremony we will go over the weekends events then have a couple give aways and then we will be released to go shopping!