1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stackable Logs

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Sweet Pickles, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Can anyone please tell me where i can find the stackable logs. Im assuming that they are gotten from off monsters or creatures of some kind? Can any one please tell me. Thank you

2. Guest

Guest Guest

are you perhaps referring to the server rare that looks like a pile of logs. where did you see it

3. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

If you mean the server birth rare that's a pile of about 6 logs, the answer is: cough up 250m for one.

If you mean the ones that are just the pair, then take two or more normal logs in a stack, lock the stack down in a house, use a house decorating tool to turn it, and voila.

4. I saw them on a vendor i Siege, but i dont remember where. Ill go and look. I didnt know they were server up rares. How dose that work any way? Ive never gotten one *(&$#^ thing when ive tryed server ups? Thanks any way.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Server Birth Rares are only available when a Shard is brought online for the first time.

Daily Rares spawn right after the Shard comes back for maintenance. You've got to be pretty quick to get these. Best to log out near the spawn point for the Daily you want to grab. Sometimes you get lucky and can recall around and get 2 or 3 of them. =)

6. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

It's not a server up rare, it's a server birth rare. So I guess if you want to hang out until they open a new server, go right ahead.

7. ok i have no idea what a server up rare but where does these things spawn? [​IMG]

8. Guest

Guest Guest

be carefull of this the price he quoted is not unrealistic and while i know that the economy of seige is different i would see if you can find a old vet of seige to show this to as i would assume we are either talking big bucks or we are all wrong the logs i am talking about are like super rare . i just recently acquired them and paid a fortune.

9. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Ahh, yes, this is Siege we're talking about. Hadn't noticed that. I'd quote at 100-125m, then.

Unless, of course, we're all wrong, and he's talking about something else entirely.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

emil the logs are a server birth rare if we are talking about the same things these would have spawned the day seige was first created and then only. the only other time i know that this could of spawned is maybe as rubble in magencia but do not think so . then might have more but that would say rubble. my honest bet is if on a vender is how he placed in backpack and are just regular logs .

11. Guest

Guest Guest

There were several rares sold on Siege recently via auction on the forums, but server birth stacked logs were not in the group, and I really doubt someone would have just dropped something like that on a vendor randomly. This is what the true rare looks like (from onlinegametrader.net database of UO rares):

[​IMG]

It can also face the other direction. Is this what you saw?

The only thing I can think of that is stacked (as a single decorative item) and readily available, is gold bricks. They are a minor artifact, but they are labeled as bricks and look like this:

[​IMG]

As woody says, if the vendor was selling the actual logs, they could have just fallen in the vendor pack a certain way, and each stack of logs was a separate item for sale, but they were jumbled over each other in the pack.

You can make a log pile out of regular logs by locking them down on the same tile, and using the deco tool on them or using various combinations of single logs. In a pack you can arrange things right on top of each other, though.

-Skylark

12. Guest

Guest Guest

If you saw them on a siege vendor it is quite possible that what you saw is a pair of logs turned with a decor tool. I have some on my vendor there, priced at 50gp and clearly labelled with the method used.

Correction, I had some on my vendor. They seem to have sold [​IMG]

However, here's a screenie of a pair of such logs, with a single log placed on top, in my Siege home.

[​IMG]

Restocked:
    [​IMG]

13. I found the vendor and bought them. I dont think they are a very rare thing but i like them for my fire place. The reason i dont think they are very rare is because i only payed 50gold for them. They will trun with a deco tool and they stack side by side or on top. I just like the way they looked and there were only 2 longs any way. Thanks and i am interested in finding these rare places if i can. Thank you

14. Yes those were the ones. I realy like them, and i live your fire place ty

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Get a stack of two logs.
    Lock them down.
    Use deco tool to "turn" them.
    VoilĂ !

16. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Hahaha. All that and it was only 50gp to begin with.

17. Yes those are it. I bought them for my fire place and i realy like them TY. Where do you find them? I wouldnt mind a few more. Thank you

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Follow the instructions in my post and you can have all you want.

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Pickles, there is nothing special about the logs, as Petra and Flutter have been trying to explain. They are ordinary logs that have been chopped from trees using lumberjacking skill. What Petra has done is separate out a "stack" of 2 logs minimum, locked them down in her house, and then used an interior decorator tool to change the orientation on a tile of the logs. You can do this as many times as you have patience, and logs.

However, the deco tool on Siege at least, costs over 10,000 GP so if you just want a couple of logs, maybe buying them turned at 50GP is the better solution. Personally, I can't imagine not having a deco tool! *shivers* [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is neat because the log stacks do not block movement, and you can make interesting shapes and fake walls, and such out of them. (I once saw someone who made a whole fake cabin on top of their tower this way). In the 2D client at least...I have no idea what it would do in KR. *shivers again*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Skylark

20. Guest

Guest Guest

Someone I know on Atlantic paid 75k for one of those. That was the cheap price. *sigh*

21. Guest

Guest Guest

caveat emptor I'm afraid.

I've seen 'reversed' bandages sold as rares on Siege at a very high price. Trouble was they weren't the white ones that are rare, they were the green ones you can get from some of the bandage summoning talismans.

Sweet Pickles, let me know how many logs you want and I'll turn them for you, np.