1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stacking items?

Discussion in 'UO Origin' started by Eyes of Origin, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Is it me and my being gone for so long or did it become harder to stack items? :confused: Trying to lock a bow down on top of a pedestal and for the life of me cant get it to go =/

2. guess i cant stack things on pedestals? have to caddy-corner it and move it into place.. but what about other things? having all sorts of issues trying to get things to stack

3. Michael Wolf

Michael Wolf Guest

Hmm. haven't tried pedistals but I did wnat to place a few items on my carpenter's work bench. Try this. Put the items down first on , (bow) lock it down and then rais it as high as it goes. Put your pedistal down and lower the bow onto it.

4. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

*nods* z axis got weirded out back um just after SA release? They did something because of the garg couches and things disappearing, messed up tapestries, well basically any multi tile from a deed. and changed the number of chests I am able to stack together on a floor. So I don't know if they changed that accessible amount of the z axis, or what. Carpets make it worse.

Wolf is right, where we used to build things from the bottom up, now its almost exclusively a top down operation, and I cant remember if it seems better or worse in pre-fab, or customizable housing.

5. Yellow Beard

Stratics Veteran

I have already tried this with pedistals using several different items and I can't stack anything onto the pedistal. I could when they first appeared in UO but it does seem they are now useless.

6. Yea, Yellow, I tried the same thing.... locked the bow down first... raised it as high as it would go, tried to put the ped. under it and it wouldnt go.. =(

oh well.. at least i know it wasnt because i forgot what i was doing! lol

7. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

try raising it on a goza as high as the goza will go, placing the ped under the goza and then chopping the goza, and lowering the bow.

8. Michael Wolf

Michael Wolf Guest

OK Sorry i forgot a step....

Place item on the tile (bow), lock it down and raise it as high as it goes.
    release it
    place pedestal
    lock down bow again. Lower bow.

Sorry forgot the release part. that clears the lock on the tile and allows you to place the pedestal. The bow will remain hanging in the air, then after the pedestal is placed you can lock it down again and lower it.

;)

9. gunneroforgin

gunneroforgin Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Welcome back Morgaine.

10. Yellow Beard

Stratics Veteran

Welcome back Morgaine!

Thanks Michael I tried it and it works well.

11. Michael Wolf

Michael Wolf Guest

my pleasure ;)

12. lol Thanks Yellow... not exactly sure I'm back tho.. just logging in a lil more, trying to get my bearings back