1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stacking Wish List for the Devs

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Connor_Graham, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Jeremy mentioned in the FoF that they're looking for more things that we'd like to see stack so I figured we should put a list together in one place for them. To start, I'd like to see these made stackable:

Blackrock
    Arcane Gems
    Same Type Seeds
    Unused Commodity Deeds

Please add to the list!

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Death robes? *chuckles*

3. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

Cu sidhes plz.

4. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

Tribal berries
    Sand
    Granite
    Chocolate Ingredients (On the FoF list)

5. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

Hah!:D

6. Nystul

Nystul Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

enchanted apples. would save me about 500 lockdowns.

7. Wynne

Wynne Guest

dough
    sweet dough
    all cooking ingredients

8. Bardie

Bardie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Pots, i want my f'n pots to stack correctly

9. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Bola Balls, enchanted fruit, arcane gems, tribal berries,power crystals,dyes.

10. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

sand and granite are the only ones I would ask for

beg for...

:bowdown:

11. Silly Seadog

Stratics Veteran It's My Birthday

Arrrr, me wishes me bottles o' rum would stack - and the empties too fer recyclin'!

12. Lady Kiara

Lady Kiara Guest

OK heres a question for ya (probally a old one:gee:) i have always wondered why the cap on gold piles? It stops at 60k, no different to me then having no cap on the regs.... i have piles of reg thats over 100k

There fore i would like to see the gold pile raised a bit so there aren't so many taking up my bank room....(and yes i know about checks :lick: checks become a hassle after awhile)

13. Black Majick

Black Majick Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Regs are capped at 60k as well.

I would like to see enchanted apples added to that list as well. Grapes of wrath would also be nice.

14. How about... stack everything that doesn't stack?

I don't really understand why it is that everything in UO isn't stacked.. is there anything that players are going "Gee, I with this wouldn't stack so I could spend an hour clicking in random places in my backpack instead of having it all conveniently stacked in one place."

Ok.. the main item types in the game that shouldn't be stacked are weapons and armor.. for obvious reasons... but everything else.. ?

If it would/could be bundled in the real world.. let it bundle in UO.

15. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Tribal Paint jars, Tokens (like Heritage), 150 and 200 use sturdy shovels/pickaxes, identical power and stat scrolls, leather-metal-wood container/spellbook engraving tools, food decorating tool, and identical set to deco plants/vines.

16. :scholar:
    Bola Balls already stack.

17. Lore Master

Lore Master Guest

Don't forget to fix the sea serpent scales that don't stack.

18. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Sea Serpent Scales,
    Grapes of Wrath,
    Tribal Berries,
    Power Crystals,
    Arcane Gems,
    Granite,
    Sand,
    Heritage Tokens,
    Cooking supplies,
    Empty Books,
    Empty Plant Bowls,
    Wine,
    Ale,
    Jugs of Cider,
    Shirkins,

I could go on an on and on!....

19. Lore Master

Lore Master Guest

Also not all green thorns stack that should be fixed and not all bola balls and bolas stack that should also be fixed.

20. Lore Master

Lore Master Guest

How about all peerless ingrediants and peerless items.

21. Radun

Radun Guest

When they make arcane gems stackable, I hope they remove the silly cap on how many charges arcane clothing items can hold... they run out of charges too fast as it is right now

22. Doomsday Dragon

Doomsday Dragon Visitor

Powder of fortifying (I buy a lot)

Magic Foods - grapes, apples and so on. (Orange and purple petals, pots too but not magic food?)

Fresh ginger (Added but not made stackable)

Pitchers - Water, wine, milk, empty and so on. (Sure would help gardeners)

Almost all things should be stackable though really.

23. o2bavr6

o2bavr6 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

why is it that you can sometimes have two stacks of greater cures but you can not add them to make one stack?

I've noticed this with quite a few different items.

24. Maximus Neximus

Maximus Neximus Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran 4H

Successfully use Taste ID on them and they should stack.

25. I doubt they'd do this. If they did LRC would become useless as all you'd have to do is have 1 pair of arcane boots charged with 1k or more charges. It wouldn't take long to get the gems needed to put massive amounts of charges on a single item.

26. Kariny

Kariny UO Lake Superior News Reporter
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I only ask that for items that are inscribed or can be decorated not be stacked. Like for example exceptional cakes, cookies, pizza, and foods that are able to be decorated.
    I hate to see them drop the exceptional tag from the finished item just to see it stackable.

Dough, mixes, and unbaked items I can live without the exceptional tag so they will stack.

Empty, undyed, uninscribed kegs could maybe made stackable?

27. Fink

Fink Guest

Savage Kin Paint (I saw berries requested, but no paint)

Plus everything mentioned already, already.

Plant Bowls, pewter bowls, wooden bowls (needed for making fruit bowls, not currently available from npc's, you have to eat bowls of veggies to get the empties)

Stacking tinkered tools?

28. Fink

Fink Guest

Failing that, Item ID also helps in some stubborn instances.

29. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot

Like I said it the other thread:

Any item you cant wear on your paperdoll should stack!

Exceptions:

containers, deed art items, books, marked runes.

Everthing else should stack!

30. Sabbath

Sabbath Guest

What about runes marked to the exact same coordinates - should those stack?

31. Doireann

Doireann Guest

Oh, I would love the dough, except it would lose it's exceptional mark, and I noticed, if the dough isn't exceptional, good chance the end product won't be. (I've yet to get exceptional cake/ pizza, etc without exceptional dough/ sweet dough)

32. OxAO

OxAO Guest

what you guys said and....

the other potions like inv, confussion pots and those poison/stat pots I forget what they are called.. but all pots should be stacked.

Shovels, BOD shovels, picks, BOD picks, saws, fletching kits.

33. As much as I'd love to see tools stack, items with uses will likely never be made stackable.

34. Splup

Splup Guest

I beg for this! Let us stack identical power and stat scrolls, would save a looot of trouble. I could maybe even start my +10 ps 1k-10k for newplayers shop again.

35. Lady Kiara

Lady Kiara Guest

hmmm maybe thats why i can't stack these regs with others

36. I just thought of another...

Repair Deeds.

I'd love to be able to sell these in stacks of 10. Not to mention the amount of extra room it would make on vendors.

37. Leaf

Leaf Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Egg Bombs, Enchanted Apples, Flour, everything cooking....Please...That would save a couple hundred lockdowns for crafters.

38. Nystul

Nystul Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Your post would be worthwhile if maybe there was an item that exists ingame that you can insure while stacked... Which there isn't. But nice assumption that players would be able to insure a while stack of apples, also nice cheap shot :)

39. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed

I wonder, why no one has mentioned checks yet? Preferably the 1 million ones. (Not that I have many of them but others probably have.)

40. Dicimiie

Dicimiie Guest

Instead of allowing sturdy shovels/pickaxes stack, I'd rathe see them give some way of fusing these items together to add uses to one. For example, fuse two new sturdy pickaxes (150 uses each) together to make one pickaxe with 300 uses. Would also like to see that for gargoyle pickaxes, Prospector Tools, ASH hammers, runic hammers and sewing kits. Would cut down on items greatly I would think, and would make them easier to use.

41. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

Nystul, as it stands right now, from what i've heard from various people. You can insure a single enchanted apple. What i'm talking about, is someone that mentioned make them stackable. I simply said something about IF that happens, do something about the insurance otherwise someone could literally walk around with 100+ insured apples.

And i'll take all the shots I can to get these cheaters banned in one way or another. They're ruining the game and PvP.

42. This is an interesting idea. I doubt we'll ever see it, but it would sure save a lot of lockdowns. I not only keep a stack most of these for myself, but sell them also, so have a stack of backstock for my vendors too.

43. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed

While that would be nice, this would contradict the intention behind the 1 Million cap on checks.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

44. Bodhi

Bodhi Guest

Blackrock (jezus christ make them stackable)
    Empty Books
    Seeds
    Ale, Liquor, ...

Dont make tools stackable (maybe engraving tools should be the exception), dont make tokens, arties, powerscrolls stackable. Dont make containers, etc stackable. I think stackables should be resource or semi-resource.

45. Leaf

Leaf Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Yes Bodhi...Blackrock. Forgot that one. While we are at it, how about another turn in.

46. Fink

Fink Guest

Stacked engraving tools would be excellent. Actually, make them 10 uses to start with, then stack to combine uses. The amount of mucking about with the various requirements for some is irritating, especially leather and metal.

47. Um fish food anyone ?

48. If you make it same type seeds you need to make it same kind of bods. (Not that would want to) It is hard to believe how many diff kinds of seeds there is till you start to grow them. Now same kind to an area in a pack would be nice. Stll individual seeds just like having a sub pack. That would make it easier to know how many you still have left in a pack without digging through 500 seeds to find just one. I don't think the filter system would work on seeds like you do in a bod book

49. MYUO

MYUO Guest

My understanding is that only resources that are one time consumable can be coded as stacking items. The stacking of items with charges, durability (including fullness levels like water pitcher), differnt internal numbers (like checks) or made of multiple componets (like some furnitures) will be difficult to code.