1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stacks of carpet dyable

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Kri, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Kri

Kri Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Not sure if everyone is aware of this (I was not even though in retrospect it seems common sense.) I wasted a lot of dye dying a carpet piece by piece before learning you can dye stacks of similar carpet squares at once.

2. Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I didn't even know you could dye carpet... i guess you must have been using the new plant dyes can u post pics?

3. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

Yes PLEASE!! Post pics of dyed carpet.. *dreams of fancy black carpet for my evil mansion.. muahaha

4. Kri

Kri Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, I dyed them with plant dyes. I honestly didn't even think to try a normal dye tub so I can't say for sure it wouldn't work...

Here's a small black one I was playing around with and a single square dyed metal that I'm using to cover a teleporter. :)

Attached Files:

5. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Thats a shame, I thought if you dyed them then the gold decorative bits would stay golden :(

6. Wolfways

Wolfways Guest

Yes you can use a normal dye tub.

Btw, how do you get it to stay above the teleporter? I've tried one, it dropped under the teleporter. I tried another one raised twice and that fell under too. So i tried both together and they still fell under it :(

Oh, and if you're playing in the EC then don't be surprised if bits of carpet vanish now and then. Mouse over the area and they are still there...

7. Kri

Kri Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Honestly I haven't had any trouble with them so far *crosses fingers* I just laid them down (like any normal item, not by targeting) and then double clicked on them to lock them down (didn't actually lock them down.) I'm playing in the 2d client if that makes a difference.

8. Wolfways

Wolfways Guest

Hmm, might be because i'm playing EC. So many bugs....