1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice

staining

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Myna, Aug 16, 2009.

  1. Myna

    Myna Guest

    would it be possible to make the white/black plants more comon?

    as far as i know there is only a 0.05% chance to get this color as mutant while cross pollination

    when you need 10 days to grow a plant .... how many white or black plants will you get in a year?

    lets say you cross pollinate 10 plants at same time this increase the chance to 0.5% ... this is 1 out of 200 still way to low ... so the chance not to get a mutant is 99.5%

    in 52 weeks you will have a chance not to get one is 0.995^52 ...that is 0.7705 ....77.05%

    so to get one is 1-0.7705=0.2295 ....so lets say 23%

    so you have a chance of 23% get one white or one black mutant in a year if you cross pollinate 10 plants a week

    sorry i did statistic math 20 years ago, maybe i am totally wrong

    but when i am right staining will be a joke.

    white and black are colors of high demand you also need them to make ice-colors and dark colors

    please make them more comon or add them to the naturalist quest


    p.s i know you need 10 days to grow a plant, i know also a week has only 7 days, i know also that you can cross polinate 10 or plants every day (but who has the storage to do it, beside the time and resources to keep plants healthy?)
     
  2. Ailish

    Ailish Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 13, 2008
    Messages:
    1,129
    Likes Received:
    0
    You can get black and white seeds from the Naturalist quest, doing the 5th hole. This was changed quite a while ago :)
     
  3. Myna

    Myna Guest

    ah thank god

    thx for information


    so its random to get a white black or fire seed?
     
  4. Ailish

    Ailish Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 13, 2008
    Messages:
    1,129
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yes. When I was doing it recently, I tended to get most white, medium fire, least black. That was just my RNG luck, tho, I suspect :)
     
  5. Mapper

    Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2005
    Messages:
    3,528
    Likes Received:
    110
    Yes, If you do the ant quest and visit the 4 holes you get the magenta, aqua or pink seeds. However if you visit the 4 holes then use a greenthorn in sand you get access to a 5th hole getting the rare fire, white or black seeds.