1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stamina Damage Absorption

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by GalenKnighthawke, Jul 7, 2013.

1. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Hello everyone.

I asked this in U-Hall but I should've known better than to ask a specialty forum question in a general-interest forum.

I have noticed that non-meddable armor, even full plate, does not absorb all stamina damage. Indeed some hits seems to drain a lot of it.

Has anyone gotten a handle on what stamina damage non-meddable armor does and does not absorb?

-Galen's player

2. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I believe it absorbs a part of damage. With my prepatch paladin (gargish leather armor) I had problems with stamina. With my new dexxer (4 metal + 1 studded + human bonus) I can do well without HSL on a weapon. I crafted plate suit (5 metal) for my thrower and he hasn't problems with stamina as well. Also he has just 4 fighting skills and does T-Maps and Abyss mini-champs only.

3. Duncan Drake

Duncan Drake Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I think corwinxx is right. Im wearing 5 plate parts, normal hits dont drain stamina at all.
    Hard hitting mobs like aw's some peerless and frost dragons that hit me for about 40 and 50 dmg on the other hand drain some stamina.
    Can be compensated woth df though. Hsl is not necessary but still handy

4. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I haven't had the time to test it out, but it seems like it's a percentage of the amount of damage above a certain point. Like- no stam loss for a hit below 20 and then it absorbs a % for damage above 20.

5. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks everyone!
    -Galen's player