1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

START SAVING YOUR SHINIES...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Argyle, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Argyle

Argyle Guest

I am going on a selling spree soon, and all of my hoarded stuff will be available.

Keeps, artifacts, accounts, the works.

And yes, this is a preemptive, "I am selling it all" post...

2. Arden

Arden Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I am going on a selling spree soon, and all of my hoarded stuff will be available.

Keeps, artifacts, accounts, the works.

And yes, this is a preemptive, "I am selling it all" post...

[/ QUOTE ]]

what arties u have?

3. MeMn0cH

MeMn0cH Guest

Hello Sir!

Can I browse some stuff before hand just so I know what you have?

Swords- DP weapons
    Arties

blah blah blah

I kinda owe someone 25mil for Soulstones [​IMG]

4. Argyle

Argyle Guest

Arden and Memnoch.

All of my stuff will be posted here once I have time to do so. I have two full keeps to sort through, and 5 accounts to deal with, as an old friend wants me to sell his accounts as well.

Be patient, but save your loot. I will be selling about 60 mil worth of ingame stuff and ebaying a couple of badass accounts.

5. Arden

Arden Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Arden and Memnoch.

All of my stuff will be posted here once I have time to do so. I have two full keeps to sort through, and 5 accounts to deal with, as an old friend wants me to sell his accounts as well.

Be patient, but save your loot. I will be selling about 60 mil worth of ingame stuff and ebaying a couple of badass accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]

60? thats it, ill buy it all :/

6. wavace

wavace Guest

You giving up on UO argyle?

7. Argyle

Argyle Guest

Just bored with it, and I have so much stuff its kinda silly.

I play on moving to an island in the near future, or quitting altogether.

I always played the game for a challenge, and paper, rock, scissors isnt really my idea of a challenge.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG] You may find this hard to believe, I will be sorry to see you go. Sure you may still post here and bust my chops. It just won't be the same when you are no longer vested in playing the shard.

I suppose Castor will have to work overtime. [​IMG]

9. Argyle

Argyle Guest

I will most likely quit visiting these forums, or any other Siege/UO board.

I appreciate the sentiment however.

January 1st 2006 came early...

(dont worry, it will take some time to sell my massive stockpile of pixels...at least a couple months)

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Is this what it means to be a vet of the shard? To be able to list the ever increasing numbers of people you miss in the game?

If so, I wish I could remain a newb. *sighs*

11. Argyle

Argyle Guest

Try this on for size:

Corwin
    Sunferard
    DeVore
    Nym of Jhelom
    Subishi
    Uthrac Tarn
    adonis
    Renn
    Gato
    Captain Pichard
    Blue Knight
    Ardiendo
    Jove
    Nut WC
    Sea WC
    Omid
    Sunferard
    Mr. Hankey
    Alice Cooper
    Ashton Enigma
    Kewl Hand Luke
    Mad Ax
    Vaniir
    Corra/Zoob
    Cyan Haze
    Vae Victus
    Meursalt
    Petri
    Kiril
    Rolling Rock
    Mord
    Crassus
    Leon
    Paul Atriedes
    Osiris Xie and crew
    Aswepe
    Bobo Peanut
    Falx
    Mad Bob
    Ertai
    Remy
    Cheesehouse
    Nael
    Mocker
    Alaric
    Phire
    Duke
    Havok-Gara
    Asmodai
    Crazy Canuck
    Drithe
    Corinthius
    Hellion
    Dr. Evil
    Goo
    Markus C.
    Doc Holiday
    His Shadow
    Jack the Ripper
    Oliver Holmes
    Rellik
    Harry Krishner
    Transuranic Trip
    Sippon Purple Drink
    Drannon
    StoneSiege
    Ernaken
    Kalak
    Markus C.
    Katroine
    Lyle Darkflame
    Man o Power
    Saige
    Binbs
    Chain Smoker
    Primer
    Glendor
    Wacker
    Corp Por
    Pope
    Shaar Barista
    Aries
    November Rain
    Pony Express
    Desmond
    Amux Whytefire
    Horatio
    Xerxes
    Grendal
    Ash'veem and the =O= crew
    Rellik
    Velturus Viaxous
    Yxmoerdare
    Stychmoerdare
    Pepsi Cola
    Kaln
    Tiberius
    Casmir
    Belganon
    Arawn

90 people sir. With my "burned boy" memory, thats probably half of the people I have seen leave that I knew well, be it friend or foe...

12. Guest

Guest Guest

I remember this list. I have interacted with several of those folks. Most predate me. I could add to that list. The entire PAG guild (except for one ) springs to mind. My list would be very personal, I am saddened at the loses. While I am excited at all the new folks coming, it disturbs me that the new folk will be missing out on the "veteran" influence.

13. Mandolin

Mandolin Guest

Yikes.. that's a sobering list.. I've only been here since December of last year and even I recognize a few names on that list. And like Kelmo I could add a few more myself not listed that have left as well. [​IMG]

14. Mr X

Mr X Guest

You listed markus C. twice.

15. Argyle

Argyle Guest

16. MeMn0cH

MeMn0cH Guest

One person I wish I could fight now adays that my templates finished is.. Devil Dog.. he seemed like a note worthy opponent..

17. Arden

Arden Guest

<blockquote><hr>

One person I wish I could fight now adays that my templates finished is.. Devil Dog.. he seemed like a note worthy opponent..

[/ QUOTE ]

he wasnt great, heal mage...basically same style as pika cept he didnt do as much dmg. he was better tha pika but by far not great. the few 1v1 fights in the field we had, ended with me winning and him sayin "i ran out of heal charges" or "i lighting myself"

18. Argyle

Argyle Guest

Granted, you never saw Pika when he was a maniac pre-AOS, but even when he and Devil Dog were both active players during AOS, Devil Dog wasnt nearly as good as Pika. He was decent, but not in the same league.

I rarely killed him because he would disappear never to be seen again 9 out of 10 times I ran into him. His offense was a cheap one shot trick, and if it didnt work, he was gone.

19. Arden

Arden Guest

i dunno...ive never had a problem making pika run, or even frustrate him. if u heal with any sort of skill pika is useless, he never casts poison and relys on the huge 20 point lighting dmg spells. if u take away pikas arties along with devils dog, im pretty confident devil will win. ive never dueled devil but i have dueled pika both withg and without wands. hes not great

20. Sloan

Sloan Guest

there are some really awesome people in that list.....sure do miss them [​IMG]

21. PercevalWE

PercevalWE Guest

lol :)

It isnt that I am not that great. Skill in UO is a product of two things.

1. Items (However scribe mages dont really matter so much in terms of items. It is extremely easy to get max sdi and 2/6 casting with lmc)
    2. Time

Anyone can be the best on the shard if they play all the time. I used to play a great deal... For a while around October... No one could kill me. Then I had finals and didnt play for a couple months, and sold my stuff. Now most anyone can kill me.

You will find that so so pvpers, and even the worst pvpers. Like you arden, or memnoch become very good after playing 40 hours + a week.

I just dont have the time. I would rather work on school, or read, plus my work is killing me right now. I am writing a bill to regulate transracial adoption.

There was a long period of time, where you simply would not fight me. Because you would always die (When I played all the time)...

22. Guest

Guest Guest

There is more to this group of folk than being the best duelist or pker. I know it and that is what keeps me here.

23. Arden

Arden Guest

TRUE, but i play alot, but i dont play arden all the time, i havent played arden in bot 2 months, yet im confident when i get back it may take me like a few weeks to learn to play again, timing is like riding a bike, u dont forget

24. Argyle

Argyle Guest

You may not forget, but you can get out of practice.

25. Guest

Guest Guest

check yer icq...i got dibs! :p

26. Mr X

Mr X Guest

AOS is all items. I wtf pwned your ass in 20 seconds in SS's tourny. You were dead before you could [censored] yourself.

27. Arden

Arden Guest

<blockquote><hr>

AOS is all items. I wtf pwned your ass in 20 seconds in SS's tourny. You were dead before you could [censored] yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

1 sec heals max hit chance max dmg inc and 4 arties v no arties :( yah u won, thing is no one would tell me ur template if i knew the template i would have equiped the same way i did against argyle, and it would have been a fast fight :/

28. Mr X

Mr X Guest

I get more arties everytime you tell the story. headdress, jackal's collar and gloves of the pugulist (minor).

I just love hearing you cry when you lose. And you keep obliging me with your lame ass excuses.

29. Argyle

Argyle Guest

Even with 45% DCI, you wouldnt do jack or squat against 1 second bandages.

Zip, nada.

I used to have 3 second bandages all the time (Spirit of the Totem, Jackal's Collar, and Faction armor/weapons), and mages NEVER killed me solo, and very rarely in pairs.

30. Mr X

Mr X Guest

That is why Will X ran to chessy. He is running with an uber suit setup. It was always in his nature to equip the best he could. Now he doesn't have to farm for 45624562456 hours to get another great suit.

Also I honestly think I would have beaten Dark Schneider if I had the katana I used in previous matches. I had him near death a few times yet ran out of mana. Oh well what you gonna do.

31. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I killed WillX on Scourge with his one second heals but that was back with FC3, it is possible on a scribe mage if you use the right combo and they have gm or less healing, you only have to get a curse off and they are down to 2 second heals for a start.

32. Guest

Guest Guest

welcome to aos, we got mortal strike now

33. MeMn0cH

MeMn0cH Guest

Alot of people do complain that this game isnt reliant on skill anymore, rather items.

This is true, and I would like the neccesity of skill be implimented more, but I am starting to stray from the idea that a Pre-Ren shard would be the solution..

Items, have created a diversity.. The equiptment you wear has to fit your template, two people can have the same template, but different equiptment, it is because of this equipment they are nothing alike..

The items you use, effect your playstyle. You may wear high SDI and rely on dumps, or you may wear alot of MR and try to wear your opponent out.

A Pre-Ren shard would get boring after awhile. People say that alot of people who quit UO would come back and this shard would be populated, but for what? Everyone would be the same, hybrid.. Precast explode then cast Ebolt or something then arm a weapon and get a concussion off or whatnot.

With everyone doing the same gimp tactics, it would be even more pathetic because everyone would have the same gear. You all talk about arties, as a division of rank, and they are.. At least a rank has been established.. If a Pre-Ren shard were to come out, it would be all about luck.. Who hit with their weapon etc etc..

Plus on a Pre-Ren shard, there would be no Doom, no Champ spawns.. Where would you find HUGE fights? Near GZ? Near moongates? Near Houses?...

As gimp or lame as this may sounds, in some perspectives, or lenses of light.. Artifacts are a good thing..