1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Starting a Vendor....

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Nickster, May 5, 2009.

1. Nickster

Nickster Guest

I found a house spot around 1 screen from Yew gate so dropped my old house and placed a 9x9 there.... I am wanting to srat a vendor and was thinking of selling PvP supplies, grapes/apples/orange/purple petels and perhaps bags of 50 of each reg/necro reg.... what stuff would people like to see on a vendor? skill jewels? casting jewels? bandages?? give me some tips want to try make this think earn me some cash :)

2. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

If they're at a good price, these will sell like hotcakes. I remember back when I was pretty new, I used to live off buying reg bags 50-100 each. Do people still play like this? I'm just curious. If they do, then I guess that could be another source of gold. I've learned that buying bulk is best though. Maybe you could get into selling 1k deeds, and maybe even 5k-10k etc. I don't know how the market is on that though.

3. Nickster

Nickster Guest

i know when i saw them i used to buy them.... i will see if i have the time to invest on buying the vendor stock up to sell in thousands... also i got about 15 bright orange bulrushes on the go so once they start to produce the goods i will build a stockpile. and i got 5 trinsic roses i drain every day so i got a few hundred of those already. grapes on the other hand i will have to try buy in bulk for a good price to sell on for more :)
    as and when i can get bulk cloth i will send bandaids too so all being well i will get up and running by the end of the week... was very surprised to find a house spot that was quite close to the gate! well a screen or so. can still see the gate on small map anyhow! now i just need to think of a nice evil design. :)

4. archite666

archite666 Guest

Trap boxes always sell!

I know I need some, most are selling for 12k so there is plenty of room to undercut.

5. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Orange petals! Skip the vendor fees and just sell them to me directly:).

6. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If theres a vendor house out there that can RELIABLY keep the following stocked... it would make so much damn money... not funny.

**stocks**
    Regs
    Necro Regs
    Trapped Boxes
    Enchanted Apples
    Orange Petals
    Fukya Darts
    Shrukens
    Potions (I'm talking conflag, invis, and so on... on top of the basic ones.)
    bags of sending
    translocation powder
    casting jewels (1/3,1/2, 0/3 and then in just rings 0/2)
    50% EP jewels

**resources**
    cloth, leather, ingots, arrows, bolts, so on...

**armor**
    Runic gear - specifically sleeves, gorgets, and gloves (will sell the most.)
    pre-made 60all GM leather suits (not just RANDOMLY throwing the pieces in a bag) of course at a higher price... say, 20k per set.

**specialty*
    SOTs (almost all of them)
    ML Artifacts (pretty much, almost all of them.. talking boomsticks here not craftables)
    Martys (phillips steed, heart of lion, violets courage and the good ones.)
    Artifacts (cursed or non-cursed)
    SILVER
    Powerscrolls
    Stat scrolls

but yeah... I don't see crafters being THAT dedicated to what they do. For all this push for crafters this and crafters that... what we need are real merchants who REALLY run a good shop.

The only shop that even compares to this is the Gilfane market and even then, it's no where near this level.

=[

7. Bruin

Bruin Guest

+1 to what BR said.

Not sure casting jewelry sells well though, only jewels with casting + DCI.