1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Stat Loss

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Moargoth, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Moargoth

Moargoth Guest

I used to play UO years ago and have been checking the site again recently to maybe pick it up again.

I enjoy pvp in games and did in UO until they made it pretty much impossible with insane skills/stats loss and such.

Was wondering, did anything change in that part of the game? I read up on factions and such, but it the losses werent clear to me. Is it a percentage or fixed number, or was it removed perhaps?

Thanks in advance,

2. Ailish

Ailish Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

May 13, 2008
    Well, you are free to PvP without being in factions. Then you incur no stat or skill loss. However, in factions it is, I believe 33% loss of all skills for 20 minutes upon death to an opposing faction member or faction creature in Fel.
  3. & if you 'accidentally' kill yourself.
  4. Moargoth

Moargoth Guest

So what if somebody else kills me?

The two replies seem to contradict a bit :p
  5. If any faction member kills you then you go into stat loss. This includes enemy factions, your faction members, your pets, faction creatures, yourself.
  6. Moargoth

Moargoth Guest

Yeah, thats for 20 minutes or so I read.

But say I'm not in a faction and just ambush somebody and kill them. That used to give a murder count and when you hit 5 or so and got killed, you'd get permanent stat/skill loss.

My question is really if that's still around or not...
  7. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    Unless your a pet, there isn't any perma skill/stat loss for players. When pets die they loose 1 point in every skill, but you can train the pet back up.
  8. sandersism

sandersism Guest

The answer is no. They removed the perma stat loss for reds a while ago.