1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

State of faction point loss

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Picus of Napa, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

How can I have 21 points and die to a three person gank but lose 16 points. Three to two people and TEN to another all in one shot. Finding people to kill and fight is a tough enough deal, getting rank to reduce the silver cost is insane but this is beyond crazy. Could a dev comment upon this please?

I was under the impression that the loss rate was still around 10-20% per death, this was 76%.

2. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Shocking or what? Thats why everyone left factions, they screwed them over. The devs dont want anyone to pvp in factions so they made it so that if your in factions you have to farm silver by PvM and loose all your points in one gank.

Fun or what?

lol

#2 Winker, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  3. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Guess that is where my problem is.

4. BigEv

BigEv Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Time for Chaos/Order war! Implement this please soon. :)

puni666 likes this.
  5. Ruppy2

Ruppy2 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I just possibly realized something else regarding point loss......lets say you had 28 points, are level 10, die to opposing faction, now have 12 points......I bet if you die before the next server calculations you lose another 16 points as the point loss was based on being level 10 (-16 points) when the server updated that day, so your second death brings you to -4 and no longer able to ride a faction horse.......duh.

I get that they don't want the power gamer to have 1230597123908712359781234 faction points on a single char, but there has to be a better mind to solve this.

First, remove the need for a faction score for faction horses.

2nd, reduce faction timer to 10 minutes

3rd, come up with a penalty of killing within the same faction equal to 5 murder counts (or some kind of penalty....maybe put the murderer into stat too for murdering within same faction)

4th, ______________________ insert your own ideas here.

Jo

#5 Ruppy2, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  6. SlobberKnocker

SlobberKnocker Slightly Crazed

factions is totally borked now, essentially ruined.

7. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I'm not sure the q&a process the new faction system went through to get published but whoever it was if anyone obviously spends too much time PKin greater dragons and has no idea what faction is was or is supposed to be..tragic really I just hope order/chaos is much better then it's predecessor system! Here's to hoping the don't just give up on pvp totally and delete fel..

8. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

What he says ^^

9. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

1. Faction horses are not so powerful to where it needs a rank req..I agree maybe different hues for rank rather then the ability to ride..higher rank higher HP..maybe better skills ie: magery, necro for neg karma factions.. Something worth actually riding one to begin with..

2. I agree with the low population we are trying to keep the opposing factions in the fight but as well as this lessen the faction sigil guarding process much shorter 1-2 hours the length of an extremely good fight in now a days UO..and for gods sake fix the issue with purifying faction sigils the sigils on chessy have been being purified forever..

problem with 3rd is people being lame
    and joining the same guild to prevent raids at spawns and forcing other guild to make the move to another faction because the trammy guilds found a loophole to run spawns...

4th make in order to enter felucca you must be in a faction mandatory..there should be a zero ability to come on your taming blue to help another faction at a choke point everyone should be attackable

10. SlobberKnocker

my guild on chessy is the only active faction at the moment. i sorta question why were even stlill in factions but some guys do still use the gear so. w/e. after the nerf and with the advent of reforging i dont really see the need to be faction arty reliant anymore so i re made all my suits and unless something drastically changes in the future i doubt i will ever go back to relying on them.

11. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

There are two active factions on Napa for the most part, though a third shows up a little. That said I had gone through the list of playing people in the other group to reach my 21 points only to die to a fair ganking but the annoyance due to the massive point loss was hugh. If there is only 5 active enemy players it is impossible to rerank up since you have to rotate 6 kills to score again, or is it they have to die to 5 new people yet only 3 of us play factions in CoM.

It makes me shake my head when I think of how busy it seemed back the day before the faction nerf compared to today, PvP as a whole has gone down hill.

12. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

yes you're right fel should stay 1/2 tram for the few that still actively play crafters and gain the extra resources in fel with very little risk

I also have a crafter/cook/fisherman/tamer who have no trammel home doesn't change the fact that I shouldn't be sitting in guards not attackable at any given time

13. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I'm not quite sure why you keep bringing up siege and mugen rule sets..why would siege or mugen rule sets have to change at all?

14. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

siege and mugen are coded completely different already..

15. SlobberKnocker

i wouldnt advise faction changes at all given the current state.

on a bright note i do see a pick up in the player base of late.

16. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

What happened to my thread?

17. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

She seems quite hurt over a suggestion...some people take things wayyy tooooo serious..like maybe I'm targeting her specifically..Idc if you play a crafter in fel Idc if the dev team is small I simply stated a suggestion if you personally do not like it..then don't! That's what opinions are all about..