1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

State of UO and Stratics

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Noryiscool, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noryiscool

Noryiscool Adventurer

Like anything you get fans and haters, forum by definition is a public meeting place for open discussion. I just wish it could actually be that. With threat of banning and
    reporcussions, this, like the game, like Western society and the state of things people are too scared to say what they feel for threat of reporcussion or being singled out. We just get the same stale non thinking party lines.

Inclusive not exclusive, welcome others points of view.

2. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

If you play a game, you obey the games rules or they remove you from the game

If you visit a forum, you obey the forums rules or they remove you from the forum

It's pretty simple, if you don't want to follow the rules, then don't use the service that is being provided.

3. Spock's Beard

Dunno what this thread about. Moderation now is way more relaxed than it was under the old regime and their "close any thread people appear to be interested in" policy.

Spiritless likes this.
  4. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

LOL! I like the ccomment "like Western Society...". Dingbat. Western is more laid back than some others. It's just if you're in my house, you live by my rules. Same with sponsored forums and gamesites, it isn't really a free for all, it's their paid for house, and they can rule it as they wish.

5. Amber Witch

Amber Witch Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Gilfane

It's pretty simple. Be respectful of others and the ROC and you can post all you like.

Most posters have poofed and gone to other places because the troll behavior is considerable worse with the revised ROC and change in attitude of the current staffing.

So yeah, you now have a group of like minded individuals that have the, as you state, same stale non thinking party lines.

*looks at last locked thread about this subject*

#5 Amber Witch, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    Zosimus and whiterabbit like this.
  6. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

To be honest, there really aren't any other active UO fan sites/forums. Not sure why nobody has tried to tap into the UO demographic, but there are still enough players in game that if a group put together a site, they could tap into those not happy with Stratics...la

7. Captn Norrington

I respectfully disagree, the site has had more threads, and more active users lately than anytime I have seen it in the past since probably around 2012 or so. (and I'm saying that as a normal poster not a moderator).

Spiritless likes this.
  8. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Sorry I live in the "Western Society" and I have no fear of speaking my mind when it is needed. Don't care if I do offend anybody which includes RL and the Internet life.

There is a line of course I don't cross but that is because I am human after all.

There is a difference in discussion versus arguing. Heated debates versus plain out right insults.

The internet has two flaws. Everybody is right and nobody is wrong is the first flaw. Second flaw, everything in the internet is absolutely 100% truth.

I could add a third flaw which is everybody is a lawyer on the internet because we know the law :p

Victim of Siege and Amber Witch like this.
  9. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

I'd say I could give a pretty unbiased opinion on the traffic at Stratics since I have a pretty long history. In all honesty, the UO forums are pretty dead compared to what they once were. I won't touch the reasons I think that has changes because it would be merely speculation...la

10. Arcus

Arcus Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

" like Western society and the state of things people are too scared to say what they feel "

OMG East vs West . Biggie Smalls was king.

WTF does this have to do with the game at all?

11. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

lol

12. Captn Norrington

Cleaned this thread up a bit. Locked to prevent more completely off-topic drama.

Lord Frodo and Lord Nabin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.