1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stealable Artifacts

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Slayvite, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Just gonna throw this one back in the ring since we seem to have the ear of the Dev team at the moment.

Could it be possible to make the timers on Stealable Artifacts RANDOM?
    I just took my morning stroll through SA and the only thing their was a few bottles.
    It would be so nice to have them respawn randomly so we wouldn't just get those 'thieves' that only log in 5 seconds before the artifact is due to respawn then log out again for another 5 days.......
    While were at it, how about random locations too, force us to explore the SA not just have a char on standby at 1 location waiting for that lvl 10 arty.

:arr:

2. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I have to agree with this. Randomizing these spawns both in location and time is a great idea. I stopped trying to do these spawns years ago when they became obviously camped.

3. Salivern_Diago

Salivern_Diago Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I have to agree also, my thief sits at home twiddling his thumbs for most of the time.

4. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Randomazation is good for just about every aspect of the game as it gives us all a chance and a reason to do things. The very reason why I have never finished my theif is I noticed there was no point everything was always already gone by the time I would be logging on.

5. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Would be nice to see this. Of course, we have been asking for it since AoS and Doom was first introduced so....

6. arkanos

arkanos Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Yes!!! Great idea imo, make us explore the worlds....

7. Hellstorm

Hellstorm Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I run through doom regularly, totally empty...but somehow every decent artifact is stolen already?

I know how this is being done, and wont expand on it... But random spawn is a great idea, random spots and times

8. Chrille

Chrille Journeyman
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Glorious Lord

Do you mean the +-20% timer isnt working? Thats for me is more then enough of randomization of stuff from lvl 8 and up.
    I think lvl 8 is 8 days or something so that gives 4 days to camp. And im not doing that for academic books I run by from time to time and sometimes I get lucky, then I try to remember to check 8 days later but it can have been 6 or up to 10 or maybe some other player got it instead.

9. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It would be all happy and fun until the time the ruined painting spawned in the middle of a wall. Then it would be the worst thing ever.

10. I believe a few of these artifacts are actually camped by real cash for gold farmers to sell on thier sites. So I am all for this idea.

11. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I have never played a thief in earnest. I was rather hoping a quest for rouges and skills like detect hidden and remove trap might in some way influence the spawning of these types of items. So the item would not have a spawn timer, so much as each thief might have a "cooldown timer" before they could find a particular object again.

12. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Randomizing the steal-able artifact spawns in time/general location sounds like a good idea.

new steal-ables should appear in the revamped dungeons as well, sometime in the near future hopefully.

13. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Not it isn't enough. Aside from the fact that some of these campers have it noted of exactly when it last appeared and will have a general idea of when it will pop-up. Whereas the rest of us non-campers have absolutely no idea when it last popped and thus must rely on complete chance of hoping that we will get a shot at a real artifact that is above at least a level 4.

I don't think it's too much to ask that everyone have a fair chance at some cool artifacts without having to compete with scripting campers who remove most fairness in it.