1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stealing copper wire?

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by kitiara-atlantic, Jul 7, 2013.

1. kitiara-atlantic

kitiara-atlantic Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi all,

I'm trying to steal some copper wire from the smithy in Serpent's Hold to build some distilleries. Stealing is 115. The wire spawns in very heavy stacks (20+ wire per stack at 5 stones per wire).

I unlock and untrap the crates. When I attempt to steal targeting the crate, it says that I cannot steal that. When I directly target the wire, I get guard whacked. The only NPC is the one positioned next to the barrel 6 tiles away, with her back to the crates.

Is there a trick to stealing the copper wire? Is there a way to only steal one at a time (so as to be within the weight limit)?

Or are those stacks just un-stealable?

Thanks!

2. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I have some extra if you want them.

Also, you can go to Bucs Den and it's usually in the barrels in the smiths hut there.

kitiara-atlantic likes this.
  3. kitiara-atlantic

kitiara-atlantic Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thanks, NuSair! Bucs Den has solved the problem :) Since you only need 1 copper wire per distillery, I've been able to get enough from Bucs Den.