1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stealing Doom artifacts

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Rotgut Willy, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Rotgut Willy

Rotgut Willy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Is there a minimum stealing skill required (or recommended) for stealing Doom artifacts? What is the minimum stealing required for 100% success? I'm not interested in stealing from players, just stealing artifacts, deco, etc (Doom and elsewhere.)

Thanks!

2. Conrad99

Conrad99 Guest

At least 100 min. At 100 skill you can steal 10 stones and I think all the Doom artis are 10 stones.

I am 120 with Shadow legs and rarley do I fail. But somtimes it happens.

3. Rotgut Willy

Stratics Veteran

4. Rotgut Willy

Stratics Veteran

I've read a few recent treads on passive Detect Hidden. Is this a concern to a treasure hunter? Using Doom as the example again, is only having 75 Stealth going to pose a problem as far as passive Detect Hidden goes?

If the passive use of Detect Hidden is that powerful, I may scrap the whole idea and put my points elsewhere.

Thanks!

5. J0KING

J0KING Guest

If your intent is to create a Doom thief you need the minimum of GM stealing to take the items... however... to be a successful Doom thief you need 120 stealing...

Reasoning behind this is at GM stealing you have the chance to fail unlike 120 stealing... not failing is needed when you have more than one thief waiting for the same item...

As far as stealth... don't waste the points... run and hide works great :)