1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Stealing From NPC Store Crates.. PLZ HELP!

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by christaoconner, Dec 21, 2009.

1. christaoconner

christaoconner Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Dec 21, 2009
    Hi! I used to play this game back in 98-99-00. I just made another account, and wanted to go back to rare hunting. I know that you used to be able to steal from the store crates. I just went to Herbal splendor in Moonglow and unlocked all the crates, and when I went to take something out of them it says "you can't pick that up", so then I tried to use my steal skill (50% currently) and it says you can't steal that. I thought you had to empty out all the crates to prime them, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Please help!!!

2. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Mar 19, 2003
    You can steal from them. I did it just the other night. Check to be sure you're standing next to the item you want to steal. If you're like me you could be trying to steal from the far west crate while standing next to the far east one. I've done that a few times.

Also, The higher your skill the better, use jewels/artifacts to get your skill up as high as you can. Not sure about your success rate at 50. I don't know what message you get when trying to steal something too heavy for your current skill.

Hope that helps.