1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stealing gains broken?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Trevelyan, May 30, 2010.

1. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

Around 50-60, I decided to use a crystal ball of knowledge to see what would give me optimal gains. Interestingly, 5 stone items were "too easy" I think and even 10 stone items were considered "easy".

Turns out that 15 stones - the maximum you can steal - is optimal. Yet at 75, this is now "very easy".

Can you still get to 120 off stealing?? And has stealing always been like this?

2. It's always been like that. I've always said the formula of (skill/10 +5 stones) is too low. I gained much faster with 12-15 stone items at your skill level, then when I hit 90+, added jewelry and went to steal from dungeons for fastest gains.

Al in all, if you aren't gaining fast enough, make it more difficult. Oh, and stacks of gold or other stacks didn't work for me above about 40 skill... it would only steal part of the stack and I wouldn't get gains. Others might have different results.

3. athos_uo

athos_uo Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

This is my guess.

I think the difficulty of stealing is calculated otherwise from activity of other skills.

Difficulty of stealing involves not only the factor of the weight of object to steal, but also other factors like sight of others. But crystal ball of knowledge doesn't take those factors into account. Therefore it says much lower difficulty about stealing.

---------

Oh, I'm sorry! I misunderstood the post of OP.... But the principle is the same. If you add other factors to increase the difficulty when you steal, e.g. selected steal or sights of others, you can continue gaining in stealing skill.

4. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

How are you training? Are you targeting the specific item or are you targeting the container it is in and doing random stealing?

Are you in a public place or alone?

Targeting the specific item (on a pack horse for me) is the best way to train. Random stealing just doesn't work as well. It is also better if there are people around.