1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

stealing question

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Afterglow, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Afterglow

Afterglow Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

do you still become grey flagged when you steal from a person and guards can be called on you in guard zone? any way to stay blue and not get guard wacked?

2. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Prolly the best way to find out is just to try it. Go naked and steal something from someone, unless one of the more prominent thieves on the shard can answer this for you. If this helps you out at all, there was a thief runnin around the brit gy last night stealing from people (me included) but from what i could see, she never went grey. Could be that i was grey myself for fighting blues, not really sure. Also i think she might of looted a corpse that she obviously didn't have looting rights too and also was not grey for that. Would like to hear from some thieves on this.

3. Afterglow

Stratics Veteran

thanks for your answer, regarding your last lines - I've experienced it myself at Luna bank today with a thief named Vanessa [S|S]

4. Timothy_SP

Timothy_SP Guest

Last I knew there are few things that can happen when you steal.

1) Fail and stay blue.
    2) Fail and turn grey
    3) Succeed

Inside guard zones if you fail and are noticed, you turn grey and get whacked. If you fail and are not noticed, you can still sometimes turn grey and players (or yourself) can call guards and/or attack you. If you get rezed by a shrine or red healer, you will remain grey for what I believe is 2 minutes.

It's also interesting to note that after stealing (succeed or fail) you cannot travel through any type of gate or crystal portal. I think dungeon teleporters still work, but not 100% sure on that.

Success is based off of skill points, items stone amount, and nearby NPC's and players.

I've been gone for a while, so some of this might have changed.

5. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Venessa was the same thief at the brit gy last night. If she's there again i will pay more attention to her turning grey or staying blue.

6. Dirkdiggler

Dirkdiggler Guest

<--- Vanessa. Yeah, you can be successful and not be flagged, successful and flagged grey (somebody has to say guards to get whacked) or insta-gibbed by a guard if an NPC notices. So if i steal from you and still con blue attacker beware!

7. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Well thanks for the info Venessa :) You got me while i was in stat btw LOL. But i got u first ;)

8. Afterglow

Stratics Veteran

thanks for your explanation how it's working currently, good luck for the next time stealing :)

9. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Yay!!! Glad to see the old S|S tag is running around on Siege...la