1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

stealing questions

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by Masumatek, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Masumatek

Masumatek Guest

What are the benefits of having higher stealing? I heard most thieves don't get legendary...why is that? And is there some steal formula for percentage chance of success based on your stealing?

Also, I found this in the FAQ:

"You may not steal any item that is beyond more than 12 stones in weight."

Is this accurate? So I'll fail if I attempt to steal an item if more than 12 stones in weight?

What if say I'm stealing a pile or regs weighting 100 stones. I'll fail then, even if I have the room in my pack? Or will I steal some of the regs, 12 stones worth of regs? Same with potion stacks, arrows...etc?

2. No soup for you. You get nothing, nada....zip.

3. Here are the formulas. See if you can make heads or tails of it. The blue words are copy/pastes from Jeremy. The white words are one of my guildies, Spock. The charts are from Spock but they're directly from the formulas:

I don't get what the first chart has to do with any of it. Difficultly of 2 digits without witnesses versus a difficultly of 3 & 4 digits when there are witnesses?

If you skip the first set of values and go straight to the bottom it looks like the heaviest items you can steal is 14 stones at 120 skill and you have an 18 percent chance. And that check is ran for each witness in the area.