1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Archery] Stealth archery for PvP... help me update my template

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Gellor, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Gellor

Gellor Guest

I had a free spot on my main account and closed my crafter/stealth archer account(didn't use stealther that often in PvP)

So now I'm trying to come up with a "fun" interesting PvP stealth archer.

Right now, the "given" skills are:
    120 archery (natural)
    90 tactics (specials)
    100 hiding
    50 stealth (30 from items)

From the above base, I'm scratching my head a bit:
    120 ninja : there is forms, poisoned darts, death strike, etc
    80ish anat : bonus damage plus healing
    80+ healing: healing plus rez
    120 resist : mainly to fight mana vamp. No mana = no specials and no egg bombs.
    110 taming/lore : gimpy to the extreme... could do it... don't really WANT to though.
    100 alchemy : bigger gains... bigger bombs ;)
    75ish chiv : divine fury, heal, cure, remove curse
    120 tactics : damage bonus

I've got the equipment 90% setup. I'm still crunching stats.

For those playing stealth archers nowdays on a production shard, what would you recommend?

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Go at least 110 ninja. If you find yourself in a bind, hit wolf form and run. Thanks to movement speed, small target, and +20 hp, it's pretty hard to kill a stealther running away in wolf form. Also, shurikens are pretty sweet.

3. Gellor

Gellor Guest

My old char was something like:
    120 archery
    120 ninja
    90 tact
    120 resist
    anat/heal
    Don't recall last points.

Also, FWIW, this char is going to be used in group fighting... so things like spawns, gate, general ruckus:coco:

I'm 90% certain I'll do 120 ninja. The fast movement while stealthing is nice. And yes, I love the stars:coco:

I know everyone and their grandmother tries to make a big deal out of 120 tact vs lower. But is it really THAT big in terms of PvP?

4. NickyDishes

NickyDishes Guest

i run this:

120 Archery
    120 ninja
    90 healing
    90 anatomy
    90 tactics
    100 hiding
    80 Stealth(120 from items)

its a really fun template to play....i wear the assassins armor, have 16 hp regen(like to have more), and 45 hci. I am what u call a dog archer tho. I stay in dog form. I dont need mana cause i dont use specials hardly at all, but i do have enough for smoke bombing) The only time ill use a special is if im stealthed, ill hop on my ethy mount to double shot. Im the guy that pops out when ur redlined and kills u. i usually use a heavy balanced crossbow with hit spell, velocity, and 40 ssi. This means with the assassin armor im at 60 ssi with a heavy.......very high damage in a short period of time. I also make good use of darts and shurikens.

5. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Make sure to have GM spirit speak so you can follow the ghosts of your victims for more fun...

6. NickyDishes

NickyDishes Guest

wow never thought about that....that would be an extreme assassin template

7. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Why is your ninja so high?

8. Gellor

Gellor Guest

I'm not sure on the guy you quoted, but the reason I run 120 ninja(when I run it) is because stars hit chance is based upon ninja and wolf form ;)

9. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

120 ninja in PVP is essensial to throw stars with high % to hit, Death Strikes, and turning into high lvl animal forms.

10. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Well if you're death striking as a stealth archer urdoinitrong.

11. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

Around 20 damage for stealth archer without traking and sound of DS frighten enemy to death :) So it's not bad to use from time to time.

12. NickyDishes

NickyDishes Guest

deathstriking on an archer is useless....its just a waste of mana. id rather use a special....and the reason i have ninja at 120 is so i dont fizzle going into wolf form (even at 120 u cant succeed 100%) when i need to get outtta dodge, and as someone stated earlier..i use darts and shurikens :thumbup1:

13. NickyDishes

NickyDishes Guest

please tell me how you reaching 20 damage on a deathstrike with an archer. I have 120 stealth, gm hiding, and 120 ninja, and i only hit for around 10:confused:

14. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

You apply 1/2 of calculated damage. With your skills damage gonna be around 40 if melee, so for archery it's around 20 (maybe more). But it's gonna happen only if your target make 5 or more steps. To make them run best way is to Mortal Strike them. Crossbow is ideal for this. 1. DS. 2. Mortal Strike. 3. Concusion Blow... Low on health, under Mortal they gonna run for sure and get 20 dmg from DS. 4. take your composite an Moving shot them to death. Throw suriken somewhere between step 2 and 3, if u have time.
    Just a note - you shouldn't use this combo against fully healed foe. Perfect time - when enemy has 50-60% HP.

From ninja FAQ:

15. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It is a waste of mana as someone said earlier, Armor ignore takes less mana, is guaranteed to go off if it connects, and does 35 dmg.

16. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

It's not a waste, it's certain strategy if you ever heard about this word. It work better for melee figters, but for archers it works too.

17. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

No it doesn't.

18. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

So, you're not trying to kill your targets, just scare them. Gotcha.

19. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

Never played ninjas? Main strategy is not to run around and make a lot of straight damage, but scare, deceive enemy, then it's gonna be easy prey.

20. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Ahh.. I understand. I thought you were talking about PvP. My mistake.

21. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

You fool a lot of people with your ninja ways do you? What shard to you play on?

Anyhow thanks to those who answered my question legitimately. I don't use ninja stars enough to sacrifice the extra skill points so I guess I'll stick with my llama form level ninja ;)