1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stealth necro mage

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Bardie, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Bardie

Bardie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Hello,

So i was thinking about making a necro/stealth/mage specifically for sanctuary. How would you critique this temp:

120 SS
    120 Necro
    110 eval
    110 mage
    100 med
    100 hiding
    85 stealth

Was thinking bout dropping some stats to fit ninja just to get into animal form but don't think necessary for Sanctuary. Thanks in advance....

2. Gellor

Gellor Guest

I run a spawn champ scout of that template... well, similar. I wouldn't waste 120 points on necro. I'd drop it to 105 and up magery and eval as high as you can afford to scroll:thumbsup:

Works pretty well.

3. Hex_Europa

Hex_Europa Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I agree with gellor drop Necro to 105 unless you plan to use Rev's alot.
    Those 15 skill points are better used elsewhere

4. Duke SP

Duke SP Guest

So should my necro be 120 or 115 for 100% cast chance for rev's?

5. Gellor

Gellor Guest

If you want revs 100%, it is 120. But while PvPing, I rarely find a use for them with the many other spells out there.:thumbsup:

6. Bardie

Bardie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

thanks for the input guys :) ya this char already has 120 necro is why, so guess i'll soulstone that off and put necro to 105 and up the rest. Thanks!

7. Gellor

Gellor Guest

Given some morning coffee, I forgot to mention.

If I was thinking about a dedicated anti-stealther, I'd consider 120 necro and revs... that way once a stealther was revealed, you drop a rev on him. But poison and strangle are fairly effective at this also.

I'd also drop stealth to 80... your armor should all be medible so higher than 80 doesn't really help you. OTOH, I've also been known to run stealth as low as 75ish with no problems.

I will be the first to admit that ostard and other "faster than normal" forms are nice for stealth. But I'm not sure they are worth it at the cost of a template.

8. onthefifty

onthefifty Guest

question. what are u running sanctuary for?

is it for general hunting or are u running the strongbox quest?

saying so cause i don't think you need hide/stealth for strongbox quest.

i run solo down there with a necro/mage/sw char and do just fine.

repond slayer spellbook and underground rat tunnels are ur friends there.

9. Bardie

Bardie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

running strictly for the strongbox quest. I can usually run it with my necro/mage in about 5-7 minutes. Sometimes wouldn't mind having stealth/hiding to make it even easier :) i never run through the tunnels though will have to check it out, normally just run through all the crap to the bottom :) figured stealth would help out for svet get in there easier.