1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stealth Question

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by ¥§hàdòw¥, Feb 3, 2009.

1. It's obviously been a while since I trained/used stealth, but at 40.6 skill I just took about 50 steps hidden. If I remember correctly, and honestly I might not, at 40 skill I should have been revealed on my 5th step, correct?

2. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

You do a check to remain hidden at 1 step per every 10 points of skill. You should have checked on the 5th step.

3. Nexus,

Does it always display the check status? I ask because I didn't get the message until the 8th step.

Edit:
    I just did some quick testing and seem the number of steps is double dependent upon the skill. i.e., I used the BB and was able to walk 10 steps. Changed to rat form (bumped me up to 70.X) and was able to walk 14 before the check message,

4. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

You will get a message like "you walk in the shadows" or whatever every time you hit your max steps allowed. If you took 50 steps, you were lucky...but then again...what were you wearing when training this?...la

5. I just logged off for the day, but I think I was wearing BB, death robe, newbie shirt, sandals and jewelry.

6. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Yeah, no armor does give you a good chance to stealth around even with low skill points, the problem is, you don't want to risk getting caught or revealed at that one time you actually had a chance to get away with the loot, lol...la