1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stealth Question

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by WildWobble, Aug 16, 2010.

1. WildWobble

WildWobble Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I would like to know how the stealth check is made. I was contemplating a hunters garb outfit for the 40 stealth and was wondering what real skill i will need to stealth 99% of the time.

2. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I don't know about 99%.. but at 75 stealth you will succeed every time as long as you are in medable armor.

It can be 75 after items or real skill.

Also note, that you must have at least 25 real skill in order to ever stealth.

3. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

I think you'd be happier with shadow dancer legs, burglar's bandanna, and cloak of silence. This combination would be cheaper, would take up 2 fewer slots, and would give you +40 stealth, +30 stealing, and +10 snooping.

4. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Personally I say pick up the 75 Real Skill, you never know when something is going to go wrong and you'll be glad to be able to stealth naked. I do so from time to time just to check since I use the teleporters around to T2A spawns. You never know when you are about to blow some insurance money by popping out into the middle of a set of fields. Or you want to be able to carry some extra weight at an IDOC in Fel.