1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stealth stuck

Discussion in 'UHall' started by oro, Jun 29, 2008.

1. oro

oro Guest

My stealth seems stuck at 75 even, has not moved in days for hours on end. Other skills will increase, arrow is pointing right way, have killed the character to see if that helps, Im lost. Anybodys help would be appreciated

2. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

What are you wearing?

edit: That sounds wrong >.<
    At 80 Stealth skill, you have a 100% chance to steal in leather/mage armour. So you might want to drop a piece of studded armour on, somewhere.

3. oro

oro Guest

Now stealthing around in some chain mail pcs, was able to stealth in full studded suit

4. Piotr

Piotr Stratic's Finest
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Try dropping the studded gorget for a normal one and make sleves and gloves studded or just add studded sleeves.

I remember swapping around a few pieces when I trained Stealth. :)

5. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

here's what i wear to train stealth:

up to 70: naked or wearing regular clothes
    when i hit 70 i put on studded shirt, legs & gloves
    when i hit 85 i add a plate gorget & plate arms
    when i hit 90 i add a plate bascinet
    when i hit 93 i add a broadsword (if gains are too slow i swap out the plate gorget for a studded one)
    that should take you to 120
    i set up a "teleporter escalator" in my house whenever i need to train stealth on a char - put a teleporter pad at each end of your house, set your char up with a UOA hide/stealth macro, set her walking, then right-click the mouse so she continues to walk without you having to hold mouse the whole time. sit back and watch her walk (just have to hit "play" every time your UOA macro stops). boring yes, but will get you to 120 stealth fairly quickly.

6. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

I tend to train steal in animal form, too...
    Since you move at double rate, with llama and up, you get twice as many skill checks

7. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

The "Skill Trainer" statuette helps in situations like this, immensely. It tells you if your current situation is too difficult or to easy when training a skill.

8. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

At 75, you need to swap out 3 or 4 pices of armor with non-medable ones. You can add more as long as you don't fail over much (you still gain when you fail, but less frequently).

If you have a teleporter setup as what Dark Moons said, you can just assign a hide macro on a a function key and put a paperweigth on it, no need to use UOA to record a macro. As long as it's attended, of course :)

9. Dame Judi

Dame Judi Guest

Crysta,

I confess my ignorance. What is a "Skill Trainer" statuette?