1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stealthing Mage Tamer Temps ?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Tuchman, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Tuchman

Tuchman Guest

Does anyone have a good temp for this?
    what kind of jewels / Artifacts would you use ?
    Just for Pvm only.

2. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

This is the template I'm using:

120 Tame
    120 Lore
    120 Vet
    100 Mage
    100 Hiding
    100 Eval/Herding
    60 Stealth

I use a burglar's bandana and have a stealth jewel I can pop on in really hazardous areas, but you could also use shadow dancer legs for example if you wanted. Or borrow some skill points elsewhere.

I have herding or eval swappable on soulstones for a bit of versatility, so she can look for new pets using stealth and herd them somewhere quiet for taming. Or switch in her eval if she's hunting in Fel or needs to para tame some cu sidhe.

Wenchy

3. Zodiac19

Zodiac19 Guest

I run:

120 Tame
    120 Lore
    120 Vet
    120 Mage
    100 Hiding
    80 Stealth
    60 Med

I do boost the med a bit with items. I also run this toon as a full mage as well swaping Hiding, stealth, and Med for 115 EI and 115 Med.

For the most part I run in stealth mode for farming pets and mage mode for hunting.

4. Tuchman

Tuchman Guest

Wenchy & Zodiac19
    I like both of your Setups, and I'm trying out the herding currently at 54 for this skill and not to sure what lvl is needed.

5. Vertigo

Vertigo Guest

My favorite is:

115 Tame
    115 Lore
    100 Vet
    100 Hiding
    80 Stealth
    115 Mage
    115 Ninja

And carry alot of smokebombs

6. VorteXPete

VorteXPete Guest

With creative use of jewelry my temp is:

Animal lore 120
    Animal Taming 120
    Vet 120
    Magery 100
    Hiding 100
    Stealth 120
    Ninja 85
    Herding 90

Just enough ninja to get into fast animal forms easy and use smoke bombs

7. Tuchman

Tuchman Guest

How does 90 herding work for you ? could you use less points ? say 60 or 65 ?

8. VorteXPete

VorteXPete Guest

Works great for me,sometimes takes 3-4 attempts on a greater dragon to herd, but when your stealthed u got all kinds of time, most other tameables i can herd on first try. Don,t know what 60-65 would do, was soo easy to train i trained to 100, then i needed the 10 points somewhere else and from 100 to 90 cant tell too much of a difference..

9. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Aye, I have to admit I just trained to GM without really trying to use it on the way. It only took me a couple of days to GM, so I didn't really have it part trained on my tamer for long enough to play with it at that level.

You could always try going on test and starting dreadhorn quest so you can get into twisted werld and then test 65 or so on cu sidhe. Then you can bump skill up and down and see how it'll work on a higher end beast that isn't going to eat you.

Wenchy