1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Stealthing Skill ??

Discussion in 'UHall' started by SevenFaith, May 6, 2009.

1. SevenFaith

SevenFaith Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Aug 30, 2004
    I was wondering if anyone knew how the 'getting revealed when walking near players' works.

Let's say I am at 90 stealth and have a 100% chance of stealthing. Will having 120 stealth increase my chances of staying hidden when stealthing near players? Or does it only depend on the % chance you have to stealth?

Really like to know, any info appreciated!
  2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Aug 21, 2000
    No..... stealthing is broken. Anyone who's an elf will reveal you within 4 tiles.... anyone whos an orange enemy will reveal you within 4 tiles anytime.... if you stand still anyone with fair to good detect will reveal you anywhere on screen.... some monsters will reveal you....
  3. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 26, 2008
    Oh, don't forget, humans have an inferred 20 detect hidden too...

I think it's different on Siege, but I really dunno.
  4. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 3, 2004
    There is no passive detect on Siege... what-so-ever.

IMHO, passive detect is pretty lame. It needs to be gotten rid of and hiding/stealth needs to be tweaked along with detect hidden...
  5. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

Stealthing is absolutely broken on Prod shards.

No inherent ability should render 200 skill points of Hiding and Stealth useless.

And the Jack of all Trades 20 Tracking should NEVER be enough to find a player with 200 skill points in Hide and Stealth. Period.