1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Steam

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Vlaude, May 10, 2011.

1. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

A couple friends of mine who I play with on xbox live recently convinced me to sign up for Steam. While I've been a console gamer most of my life and still favor console gaming for a lot of games I was really pleasantly surprised with what I saw on Steam so far. I can access a lot of older games I once loved for really cheap and download a lot of new releases on there as well. I'm probably a bit behind the times on this but just getting the word out to anyone who might have heard of it but not tried it yet. It's free to download and you just pay for the games.

2. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

You may want to check this thread on the Steam Users forums:
    Free Steam games list - Steam Users' Forums
    It lists several games that are available for free via Steam.

Also, keep an eye on their offers.
    Most weeks they have "Midweek Madness" from Tuesday to Thursday, and a weekend deal from Friday to Sunday (I think it's Sunday.
    Then they sometimes have publisher weeks, where each day of the week, there's a deal on one of that publisher's games (there was just an EA one ended the other day).
    And, sometimes they have event weeks, when they do daily deals on a botload of games every day (like, often things like 80% off)

3. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Thank you :)

4. LoL/Sonoma

LoL/Sonoma Guest

I've been using steam for a year or so now and love it. I jsut wish they would throw UO on Steam ... for a nice cheap price we would pick up a few players every now and then =)

5. Cyphex

Cyphex Visitor

^this. I got battlefield 2, bad company 2, and bad company 2 vietnam on one of their sales. 60$ worth of games for under 20 bucks :thumbsup: