1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Step-by-Step Goza Stair Building-WARNING picture intensive

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by LarisaBTH, Jul 24, 2006.

1. LarisaBTH

LarisaBTH Guest

I have to give credit to Crackhead Bob for being the originator of this wonderful idea...how he figured it out, I have no idea, but THANK YOU CRACKHEAD! I just wanted to do a tutorial for everyone...this is NOT my design! Well, the front stairs are [​IMG]

Okay...I just did stairs to my castle roof from the front....I don't like it but it was only for tutorial purposes [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You have to build the stairs to their highest point to continue...you will probably end up re-doing them a few times before you get it right....on the roof, use CoT to place a mat here....

[​IMG]

Raise it until you can see it....then build stairs going down to the roof. Then go back down and continue with the tables and books until you reach that goza...as you can see, I've had to re-do mine a few times to get the height right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

VOILA!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I personally don't like them this way...but like I said, it was only for tutorial purposes......I hope this helps!!!

2. Guest

Guest Guest

thats cool long as it isnt frowned upon by staff

wish they would give us a new design already!

3. LarisaBTH

LarisaBTH Guest

4. That is really kool! Thanks for sharing. You should submit that to UO Stratics or a UO fan site to host it for you if you haven't yet. Very neat ! [​IMG]

5. LarisaBTH

LarisaBTH Guest

Oh well thanks! *blushes* I was just bored and figured I'd do it to help people out [​IMG] I love that stuff.

6. OH MY, now I can make full use of my castle spaces, thanks!!!!!

(I hope this isn't considered "exploits" by GMs? I dont wanna get jailed for doing this... [​IMG] )

7. LarisaBTH

LarisaBTH Guest

This, as far as I know, is the only legal way to get to the roof...so I think you're safe [​IMG]

8. TiamatRoar

TiamatRoar Guest

I wish they'd have just given us the ability to craft or place teleportation tiles (instead of make them a custom-house only feature. BAH! [​IMG]). Then we wouldn't have to resort to stuff like this.

9. LarisaBTH

LarisaBTH Guest

Well.....in my opinion teleport tiles shouldn't even BE in UO......we've got bows, swords...daggers.....horses.....no cars, no guns....where did the tele tiles come from? LOL I don't know to me they just don't fit.......but stairs would be nice...and the ability to use the courtyard would be nice too.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Well.....in my opinion teleport tiles shouldn't even BE in UO......we've got bows, swords...daggers.....horses.....no cars, no guns....where did the tele tiles come from? LOL I don't know to me they just don't fit.......but stairs would be nice...and the ability to use the courtyard would be nice too.

[/ QUOTE ]

We got recalls, gates, moongates, and teleport spells. It seems perfectly reasonable to have teleport tiles. Alot of fantasy games had teleports in the dungeon, and it never wrecked the belief that it was possible. Might &amp; magic and bards tales are two old RPG's that had them.

what doesn't seem to fit for me is not being able to walk out of your house going west or north, only south or east lets you leave your house.

11. LarisaBTH

LarisaBTH Guest

Well.....I guess it's just the easiest way....but I agree for lets say luna houses that are on North side along the inner wall, or on the south side along the outer wall, you can't see the front door.......

12. LarisaBTH

LarisaBTH Guest

Oh and just in case you don't read the top post.....this idea was originated by Crackhead Bob.....I just did the tutorial .

Thanks again Bob!

13. i haven't tried the goza's method et, i'm still using a different method i found , but anyhow , just wondering, do goza's block you when you walk under them ?

is the space under still usable ?

14. You can walk under part of it. Not the entire thing. Only the parts that are higher then what the deco tool can raise them.

15. LarisaBTH

LarisaBTH Guest

BOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *SQUEEZE* You rock...just thought I'd tell you that ;P

I am now currently building an entire third floor on my castle :p

16. You mean as in another floor above the roof?

And thanks. Im glad you like the idea.

17. LarisaBTH

LarisaBTH Guest

Yes Bob I love it! And here you can see I am building another set of walkways around the outer perimiter....once that's done I will build another "roof" above the original roof. It's actually coming along quite nicely.

[​IMG]

18. Guest

Guest Guest

i got a keep and i just cant get it to work. i keep getting, construction cancelled. i jsut cant work it out. help meeeeee

19. LarisaBTH

LarisaBTH Guest

Make sure you have nothing below it....tables, anything on the wall...that will stop you from placing.

20. Guest

Guest Guest

You have to use only the square gozas and also *two* stacks of the large doom books stolen from the healers room. This is the huge messy pile of books, not any of the other ones. As long as you have these two stacks of books on top of anything else you can place a goza mat targetting the top book stack and it will place between the two stacks.

21. LarisaBTH

LarisaBTH Guest

Not if there's something underneath it...I just helped a guy on formosa and he had stone chairs in the doorways of his castle...and a mistletoe deed on the wall. I kept getting construction cancelled so told him to take the stuff down and was able to place no problem.

22. Guest

Guest Guest

It was probably just the wreath that was causing problems, I'd think. I've been using stacked tables to get some height instead of stacking a bazillion book piles, and it works fine. Tho maybe its just tables that works? That would be weird tho...hrm...

23. LarisaBTH

LarisaBTH Guest

Might be...I had him remove the chairs and it was still aborting....but once he moved the mistletoe I was able to place......so maybe it's just wall hangings that block.....I'll have to test it.

24. Guest

Guest Guest

i have cleared everythign around my walls. as soon as i get to the wall i can go 2 maybe 3 spots higer then the height i can go with a house tool. but any higher get s construction aborted. so i cant get high enough to go over the roof. i also cant raise the gozas higher oncei got em that high

25. LarisaBTH

LarisaBTH Guest

ICQ me or PM me, I'll come take a look [​IMG]

26. Azaroth-

Azaroth- Guest

This is really cool [​IMG]

Thank you both Crackhead Bob &amp; LarisaBTH for the howtos and screenshots.

I have made my own set of stairs now with the help from you both and I am very excited with the possibilities that can come out of this.

Here is a picture of my setup [​IMG] The stairs are very minimal and take up little room but are VERY effective!, I like it!!

[​IMG]

I have decided to make a "Throne room" on the top floor of my castle [​IMG] Click here to have a lookie if you are interested. [​IMG]

I am now very interested in what you are currently doing LarisaBTH with the 3rd floor and all, why stop at the top roof when you can essentially do a WHOLE floor.. Should be interesting times ahead to see what can come out of this.

27. LarisaBTH

LarisaBTH Guest

*smiles*

I am glad that you are happy with it...your throne room looks AWESOME!!!!

I am currently doing an entire 3rd floor at a friends castle as well....talk about time consuming! But when it's done it will look awesome! In reality, you can go up about 9 floors but it gets very laggy with all the mats lol....

I will definatly post screenies when I am finished, I think you'll be amazed and the versatility of these mats.

Here are a few now....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When I am finished, not only will you be able to walk around the entire perimeter of the 3rd floor, but I will be building another "roof" above the original roof for display and gardening [​IMG]

28. So you figured out it can only be 9 floors? Ive been wondering how high it can be done. And just to warn you all, this is probley whats going to get it fixxed, if everyone is makeing there castles into skyscrapers, i can see it being fixxed rather quick.

29. LarisaBTH

LarisaBTH Guest

Exactly Bob....I just wanted to see how high it would go....9 floors....but I am only building one up....just to see how it will look. Knowing me I will probably take it down lol....but I just want to do it once to see. The "third" causeways will stay, just so i can get from tower to tower, the additional roof might not stay, we'll see how it looks when I"m done.

30. Millie

Millie Guest

I love my new steps. Thank you. I now have a nice big spot in my castle to grow my plants.

[​IMG]

31. uofreakazoid

uofreakazoid Guest

Please Help!!!

Everytime I remove the tables the goza hits the floor.

What are the steps to remove the table once you have your goza it the correct position?

TIA,

-uofreak

32. Guest

Guest Guest

The correct order to removing stuff is to remove the item that is the second hightest object under the goza mat, first. So say you do this from top to bottom:

books 2
    books 1
    table 2
    table 1

then you place a goza mat on the top book pile (books 2):

books 2
    goza
    books 1
    table 2
    table 1

You can remove books 2 at any time because its on top, this won't affect the goza. But to keep the goza mat from falling you must remove table 2 first, then remove books 1 and table 1.

If you aren't doing tables but just a big stack of books, its the same thing:

books 6
    books 5
    books 4
    books 3
    books 2
    books 1

...place goza...

books 6
    goza
    books 5
    books 4
    books 3
    books 2
    books 1

Now remove books 4, then books 5, then all the other books.

33. uofreakazoid

uofreakazoid Guest

Thanks for the post Sarsmi!, I will give it I try that way.

I was able to get to my roof, YAY!!!!, but the table #2's are still there under the gozas, I will try your way right now.

I also figured out that by placing the goza onm the damaged books you can now place goza's on your steps.

http://38.161.195.8/Goza-on-steps.jpg

Thanks!

-uofreak

34. lordabyss

lordabyss Guest

Can anything else replace DAMAGE BOOK?
    I used to have a lot of damage books but
    just cannot find it when I need it.

35. uofreakazoid

uofreakazoid Guest

If your on Atlantic, I think I have tons of them, you can have 2.

36. Millie

Millie Guest

I used a table on top of the table I put on damaged book and then a stack of gold bars. clicked in the middle of the bars and it set the goza. I locked down the goza and lowered it 2 times then, pulled the stuff from under it. I had no problems with the gozas falling doing it this way.

37. Finally found a new use for the tailor reward clothes; the result is my new pink and white stairs [​IMG]

(images removed)

Haven't been able to make stairs on the North and West side of the roof so far.

PS. A special THANK-YOU to Larisa for visiting my shard for tutorial!! [​IMG]

38. LarisaBTH

LarisaBTH Guest

Ohhhhh very pretty!!! I like that alot!!!

[​IMG] Anytime....I don't mind helping, it's fun!

And there is a secret to getting them in the spots you can't see...(I actually had to ask a friend of mine to help me figure it out!)

For the ones that you can't see, CoT max, place mat on the tile that would go INTO the wall....one table and 6 books...5 books will land on the table and the sixth will go onto the roof...place mat on top book and VIOLA!

39. Welp, finalized as the following:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I put the crystals and stuff on the floor to block char from falling if running too fast.

After hours of trial and error, I'm glad to put this behind; never again I would do this!! [​IMG]

40. LarisaBTH

LarisaBTH Guest

LOL yes it is time consuming but very nice when complete. I LOVE yours! It's very bright and cheery!!!! I'm so glad you like it!

Bob...see what you started??? :p

41. Millie

Millie Guest

Very nice, I love the bright colors, do they block underneath? I'm posting this picture for my friend Wizzie since she does not play on my shard. I have made steps in my keep also. I could have made them so they did not block the door but then they would have been in other room. This way you can run in and up. I fig it is his own little dressing room with a fountain to splash in. lol. The roof was and ideal of my friend Kathy to show we are from USA since we play on a non- US shard.

[​IMG]

42. LarisaBTH

LarisaBTH Guest

Ohhh that is totally awesome! I love the way you did the keep stairs....and blocking off one doorway isn't major, makes for some interesting deco ideas!

43. Millie

Millie Guest

*blushes* Thank you!
    I'm not sure if I like my Flag this small but I have modafied this to make shadow steps up to the to front areas. I for the life of me could not figure out how to do the back 2 areas. Maybe if one of you have to much time on your hands, as I do, you will be able to fig it out and let the rest of us know. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

44. Dogfish

Dogfish Guest

Hi
    This is now doing my head in [​IMG]
    I cant get the mat over the 'wall' bit ?
    i can build the mats as high as i like. Figured it out after sending a message (must right a message to say i got it) BUT I cant build the Mat on the wall.
    I cant get ON the roof to place it either ??
    PLEASE what am I doing wrong
    This is such a great wall to get on the roofs

45. Dogfish

Dogfish Guest

WOOOOT
    I made it
    sheez right in case others have difficulty in the last bit :)
    As you walk up the mats, ( see the 3rd picture down from first post, where they are on the roof) u see where they say place mat here, right by the wall.
    Well with CoT on full chat you should be able to see this. Stop and try and place a mat if not you need to try to get a mat where you can build it :)
    Then raise it up 2 or 3 with the place ment tool and your done

I'm on the roof
    THANKS FOR A GREAT POST

46. Millie

Millie Guest

Deleted, untill I can make a better picture.

47. Dogfish

Dogfish Guest

Hi
    Thanks for the picture not sure how to do them yet [​IMG]
    Re the back part of the keep, we Castle boys can place walkways around the bax so you should be able to also.
    This is what I did
    Place the mats on the floor where I want the floor to be.
    Raise it up 6 high
    Then place a table and another on that.
    Do this for say 4 mats long
    and now get to your 'new' height however you do it and place another table ( making 3 tables on a mat 6 high of the ground)
    Now place 3 scatered books and then your mat.
    Take the bottom book away and then the 2nd one and u should be left with the top book, (this can be take first if you wind it easier to see the Bottom book)
    your Mat should be in place do this to your wall.
    the last mat beforeyour wall, just put one table and your books and a mat.
    now fall of the higher mat onto the lower mat YOU should be able to use you COT to place the wall tables and or books. it will 'JUMP' past the wall bit (do it to see what I mean) and your there.
    Go back and replace the missing mat.
    Just for your info you can lower and raise these mats with your placement tool [​IMG]
    I hope u get what i mean by all this text. Maybe some kind sole would be so kind as to show how to place mats on the upper right side of a castle / keep.

Have fun.

48. LarisaBTH

LarisaBTH Guest

I'll post how to get to the "Unreachable" Spots tomorrow...it's a bit tricky as you have to place "IN" the wall....

Just a quick synapses...

Use CoT, place a mat, raise it 9 times...place a table and 6 books...5 will land on the table and the sixth will land on the roof itself...place the second mat on that set of books and you're in like sin.

Here's a pic.
    [​IMG]

49. majorwoo

majorwoo Guest

I've been playing with this in my casle - I've managed to make steps from the front and from the right without a problem - but I can't seem to make them from the back. I'm having trouble with the mat that goes over the doorway like the above instructions show.

I must be doing something slightly wrong as my books fall below everything in the stack instead of popping to the roof?

50. Guest

Guest Guest

It might be that you are standing to low - if you're just standing by the doorway on the castle tiles (not on raised gozas) then the books will not just want to go up to the next level, you'll have to stand higher up on the z axis to be able to place stuff on the goza where it will pop up higher.