1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Steve Jobs

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fayled Dhreams, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Just got uploaded to the big Pod in The Sky ...
  2. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

This really sucks.

I hate to think what phones and music players would be like if he hadn't come back to Apple. And computers for that matter. Even if you didn't use any Apple products, if you go back and look at the state the personal music player market before the iPod, or the smartphone market before the iPhone, or computeres in general before the last 5 years or so of Macs, it's pretty clear that he helped move the industry forward.
  3. retrorider

retrorider Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 30, 2009
    He was a narcissistic ******* and a slave driver but he sure had vision and he pursued his dreams ruthlessly and at all costs.

RIP Steve.

I think Lord Byron said something about how unreasonable men are the force behind all innovation and progress. That sums Steve up pretty well minus some of the character deficiencies.
  4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Oct 21, 2008
  5. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    Sad to hear. Even though given that he had pancreatic cancer and the level of his work... even at 56 he lived a long time through his illness.

I'm not an Apple consumer, the last Apple product I bought was an Apple IIc... I do appreciate Jobs as a person, and the effect he had on the company, the industry, and people's lives. Jobs really was the Alexander Graham Bell, Warren Buffett, Thomas Edison, Thomas J. Watson, Jr., and Jack Welch of the our times.

I hope people respect him and his family enough to not start the Steve bashing at least for a respectable amount of time.
  6. Adiados

Adiados Sage

Sep 4, 2011
    Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. - Steve Jobs

Those are the truest words I've ever heard anyone speak. Rest in peace dude, you were one of the crazy ones to think he could change the world, and did it.
  7. I may have disagreed with his model, but he was an innovator and will be missed.