1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

still crashes, sigh

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Roland', Jan 13, 2012.

1. Roland'

Roland' Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

im glad i got a few days free to test and see if ec was still crashing. unforunitly it is and i wont resub.

a couple notes for those of you not getting paid but still trying to locate the problem...

i had a fresh install on my harddrive. pretty much dl'd the game onto a new computer so it wasnt old files causing crashes.

i didnt do much to try and prevent the crashes as its not my job, i did turn off fottsteps though.

i always crash at fel yew gate directly to desktop( 1 exception was at winery i got a error window). navrey is also a hotspot for crashes.

good luck.

side note other modders have made ui's that pretty much cheat the game. seeing stealth units and insta recalls from fel dungeons. i did check out the ui's and they do work but i will not name names obviously.

maybe i see ya all again in 6 months or so to try again.

2. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I don't think is an UI to do that things, surely they hacked the client memory or they are using CC...

3. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I understand your frustation, but the last part of your post are rumors, especially the recall out of the fel dungeon never seen that, technically this is serverside and very very hard to hack. I would hack the client but only to fix the bugs not to cheat! So the developers gave us much space to mod the whole UI, i never would abuse this space.

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

5. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

this is an exploit, but be able to see invisible people or passing through objects is pure hacking, and I hope for a quick fix or we will start to see much more people with EC for the wrong reasons....