1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Still possible to change item's orientation on tile?

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Guest, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I remember when I was first decorating, it was possible to change the location
    of items on tiles by using different-facing balls of yarn, etc. My first recent attempts at this have not worked. Is this still possible, and, if so, how? TY as always for the help.

2. You need an interior decorating tool?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

As mentioned, with some items you can lock them down and turn them with the deco tool. However, some of the items you can't actually turn, you have to obtain the item spawned in its "opposing" direction (i.e. monster loot or purchased from NPC). Some items I have not been able to find an opposing direction for at all, which is highly annoying for deco projects. [​IMG]

-Skylark

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Especially frustrating on Siege where you can't get the different balls of wool and bolts of cloth that only come from npcs.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks! When I go out hunting the spawn that gives deco-type items, I will be sure to save them. Honestly, I hadn't considered that, so it is a very helpful tip. BTW I'd love to see a section in Homes & Castles devoted just to decorating tips, such as using goza mats to boost items on high - not particular decorating projects which we have. I don't know anyone out in the community to ask as I am working. I bet there are others out there like me who would enjoy decorating but don't know the basics.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Especially frustrating on Siege where you can't get the different balls of wool and bolts of cloth that only come from npcs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is quite annoying. [​IMG]

-Skylark

7. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I was about to post a thread asking how to get the different types of yarn for deco purposes, but a search brought up this thread.

So on Siege we are stuck with just the regular yarn spun from wool?

8. Zynia

Zynia Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Can you buy yarn from weaver NPC's on Siege?

9. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

would appear so, Hoffs... :( I've never tried shearing anything but sheep, have ya tried shearing a llama? :D

10. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I haven't found any different ones.

I did hope the ones you occasionally find as loot on ratmen were different, but I don't think they are.