1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stone Countertops and Customizing

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Patty Pickaxe, May 8, 2009.

1. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hello! Quick question. I have put "stone countertops" in my custom house. Now, I have decided there are a few things I would like to change with the house. If I go into customization mode, will my stone tables go *poof*?

2. Firedutch

Firedutch Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

They sure will....what you have to do is lock each piece down before you go into deco mode...I usually do this 3 times to insure I have picked up each piece.

Remember though that at server up, your lock downs on the stone table will go away....so just make it standard practice to lock down each piece before you ever go into customization mode on your house.

This is from experience as I lost over 40 DC stone table tops once forgetting to lock down each piece before going into design mode.

3. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Does this still work on the stone tables? I think sarsmi said this no longer works on gazas you have to lose those every time you go go into custom mode. Ouch on the loss of the DC tables. I have verite counter tops, so I really really don't want to lose those!

4. Firedutch

Firedutch Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I redesigned my place about a month ago and locking them down worked and kept them from disappearing on me. Haven't tried since then to confirm though.

5. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Pretty sure it still works. If you try to lock something down and can't it will give you a message "that cannot be locked down!" or something like that.