1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stone Form LoL?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Annonymous User, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Annonymous User

Annonymous User Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I know this post will get trolled to death... Blah blah blah devs have more important things to worry about... Whatever.. Blah blah blah...

But for just for the sake of discussion:
    The past few days I have been playing with my gargoyle mystic and I have noticed something that leaves a little bit to be desired. When a gargoyle casts Stone Form shouldn't they maybe ( just maybe ) get the stone gargoyle graphic applied ? I mean really we are gargoyles, their are 'stone gargoyles' so a gargoyle in stone form should look like a stone gargoyle yes? Well prob. not there a lot of other things that make no sense what so ever... But yeah... Easy code change

Code:
    on cast stone_form
        if p_user.race = "gargoyle"
              p_user.cur_graphic = "stone_gargoyle"
        else 
             p_user.cur_graphic = "stone_form"
        end if

Doesn't seem like it would be to big of a change depending on how its coded. My example ( pure Pseudo ) would take, what an extra 4 lines of code ? and then the spell would make sense from a visual point of view Mysticism is the gargoyle form of the arcane arts is it not ? .... etc... etc... more proof.... troll rebuttles... etc... etc.... more bickering about validity of time spent blah blah blah... etc... etc... There I summed up all the posts to follow :)

I don't care that it takes you an extra 45 seconds to read this because I didn't bother with grammar or sentence structure for that matter... Its a online video game forum... And you should be ashamed of your self if you are thinking about attacking my brilliant post due to whatever syntactical errors there might be! ( oh and I am at work, not that I need an excuse )

2. ilot

ilot Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

FYI the code running uo is not a modern one...so forget about .net easy object programming here. Nothing is simple to impliment in UO because of that.

3. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The main reason they don't need to make any changes like this to stone form is because it really doesn't matter.

4. Slickjack

Slickjack Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
    Stratics Veteran

I understand you're point, but with Ancient Hell Hounds to be fixed and people multi-boxing (using one button to control 10+ clients) I think that there are more important things for the Devs to be looking at fixing....

5. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Fixed it for you. *grins*

Anyway,I think it would be a nice change to see a different graphic when my gargoyle goes to stone form.On top of that,I would like to be able to stay flying while in polymorph.Even if it's just the polymorph-daemon form. It does have wings also after all.

6. Annonymous User

Stratics Veteran

I didn't say it was. If I remember the client is done in visual C isn't it ?

Anyhow, I work on legacy code due to my job. In fact I just worked on a application that was written before I was even born ( I know right, yes I want a cookie! ) Anyhow, Although they prob. don't use structs or support oob. etc etc.. Unless this was written in some low level language like assembly ( which I still use at work ) It should support conditionals and checking to see if the current character's race is a gargoyle should not be a huge deal... it's an IF conditional, show me any high level language that doesn't support the basic if conditional.. Once again no Basic or assembly etc.. etc... because its a totally different concept.

I do agree there are better things they could put there time in to, but they don't it takes months for them to roll out simple hot fixes to systems etc.. etc.. but I am not hear to bash on the dev team. I know how it is.. so yeah...

I would still offer my part time services free of pay to fix silly things like this for em.. except that would never happen... ( offer is there though no compensation expected, just look good on resume I would figure)

7. Annonymous User

Stratics Veteran

Multi boxing is not even an issue, its done in tons of games and is not even considered a violation of the tos in most.. Good luck detecting the clone key strokes when they cant even integrate punk-buster in to there legacy crap...

You think they will go the route bliz did ? with wow-warden a independent processes that sets in the background while you play wow and scans for memory editors etc.. etc... being ran ? You know even wow warden doesn't catch the more elite of the gliders.....

But yeah I can see uo devs spending thousands of hours trying to build something that can detect cloned keystrokes...

8. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Sounds like a creative idea to me, tbh. Wouldn't require extensive resources either, since the art and animation is available.

9. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

So you want to move at mounted speeds while polymorphed.
    Gotcha. That sounds fair... :twak:

10. longshanks

longshanks Guest

i dont know whether ur right or wrong about flutter but she's got the best sig on the boards.

11. Annonymous User

Stratics Veteran

Fails to see this is a joke upon those who take stuff way to seriously.

Fails to see what the original post was about a cosmetic change.

Fails to see that I only defended my point of view and in the form the argument was presented.. one had something constructive to add so I took it in to count and argued it in a pleasant manner. Another had nothing to add except drivel and I called them out for it... :) I don't take kindly to people trolling my posts for no reason then just to hear their selves speak so to speak :).

12. Annonymous User

Stratics Veteran

I 2nd that !

13. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

There are no advantages to being in polymorph is there?

14. Bombastic Fail

Bombastic Fail Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

*Flex*

I made it :dunce:

15. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Haha, if only she had your help all the time.

As for the OP, I can't see why Stone Form = Stone Gargoyle would be that hard. Look at female wraith form, for example. Can't be that hard.

16. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

Best sig maker EVER!

17. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

sure there is, nobody expects a slime to rob you during a rat spawn!

That said, I love the idea for the garg grarphics, and about the developers not being able to modify the client due to it being so old is pretty LOL...if that's true where do I apply for their jobs?

18. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

If someone isn't watch for names or hitting an "all names" macro every now and then,they deserve to be marked by a thief in polymorph.

19. Ken of Napa

Stratics Veteran

I Agree wholeheartedly! :thumbsup: