1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stone Form now needs looking at

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Mervyn, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

As a mystic mage myself I think stone form needs looking at.

With the new reforged armour and the ever more powerful shame jewelry and artifacts it's now relatively easy to make a mystic mage with FC 4/6 without sacrificing other mods.

Currently, with FC4/6, in stone form you can maintain the full casting speed of FC 2/6 for a mystic mage, the spell takes very little mana and is very quick to cast and like all buffs is not easy to purge.

Lets consider a few things:

When stone form was introduced it was not as easy to get FC 4/6.
    When stone form was introduced there was a 'forced walk' which for some reason has since been removed.

I don't believe stone form was particularly overpowered when it was first released however now i think it is. I believe that stone form should limit the faster casting to 0 much like protection does to bring the spell back onto a level playing field.

Discuss.

#1 Mervyn, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  2. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I think it's fine? You are not mounted, and I'm pretty sure I run a lot slower when in stone form

Lord Frodo and kaio like this.
  3. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

The only thing wrong with Stoneform is the fact you can use Protection with it, that's all.

Said it from damn near day 1 of SA, still hasn't been fixed, it's probably not going to be....

I guess Grinders... are fun.. or something.

kaio likes this.
  4. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Are you confusing powerful with overly defensive? They are 2 quite different things.

Are you dying 1 vs 1 to people in stone form? Ouch, I feel bad for you bro :(

The Zog historian likes this.
  5. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I think you could have stopped at "1 vs 1." :)

Lord Frodo likes this.
  6. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

With the amount of dismount ganks, i see on a daily basis. I think that stoneform is a good alternative to ninjutsu's animal forms, even if they have full casting speed.
    Maby its time to revive the old debate wether purge magic, should by a mystic spell or not ? I still think it should be a mage spell, and that purge magic should be able to remove animal form from players.
    Just my 2 cent.