1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Strange.... Borrowed character name?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Fridgster, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

2. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I would think more i'ts a reference to Fezzik from "The princess bride", as ogre's and giants (at least in most fiction) are considered one and the same.

3. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

OMFG!!! I forgot all about Fezzik!! (The great Andre The Giant!) I think I'm going to watch that tonight!!! Ooooooo Coco Pebbles and the Princess Bride, now that's a good night.... Jesus I have no life. :D

Raider Red and Viper09 like this.
  4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Ah The Princess Bride... certainly one of my favorite movies. Always liked that movie no idea why.

5. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

That was such a good movie.. Whenever Lady Kyra starts to sound naggy I can still check her with a "As You Wish.."

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

It's one of the most quotable movies of all time. From what I understand, the actors were more volunteers than actually being cast, and it was from their insistence that it got made (more a labor of love than a job).

7. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

It's a Movie both my kids still love and enjoy now as adults. In a couple of years I play to sit down and enjoy it with my Granddaughter. I'm sure she'll love it just as much as her mother does. I know at least for me it's one of those few movies that I don't mind seeing again and again.