1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Strangers - any thought given to .....

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lucy of Kenton, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Lucy of Kenton

Lucy of Kenton Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

it being a golden invitation to script looters? im sure any player with over a week in the game can predict this but seems ea/mythic cant?
    anyway its still a good event at the moment

2. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Actually, i'm gonna guess that they programmed in some sort of scripting protection for the items they were expecting to work, that didn't quite.

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Essentially, this event is a real-shard test of the new IDOC anti-script-loot code in a more controlled environment. I'm willing to bet that some of the fights have devs watching (with some GMs for assistance, taking scripter names), trying to see what is causing their new code to not work properly, or how the scripters are getting around it. I'd not want to be associated with any of the scripters at the end of this, as there may be another round of bans based on the event observers standing unseen at the scenes of the crime.

4. Lucy of Kenton

Lucy of Kenton Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Im by no means an expert in this field but one thing i have noticed at good idocs and from a while back in doom gauntlet is that sometimes you see items flying around as if its picking stuff up and dumping it in a pack just before the drop and subsequent lightning fast looting. is that a script running?
    if you visit luna now you can see what i mean