1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Strannggeee Lava Fishing...

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Longforge, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Longforge

Longforge Guest

Skill: 94 Fishing
    Activity: Lava Fishing

So I'm fishing up the lava rocks and goodies from the lava tiles as you enter the city. I put a trusty ole' lava hook on my fishing pole.

I found it very odd that during this break from the grind to find some treasure that I landed TWO Autumn Dragonfish from the lava. One was 29 stones and the other was 125 stones.

I had no idea that these fish resided in lava tiles and/or that 94 fishing could even possibly land them.

Bug?

2. Muu Bin

Muu Bin Guest

Likely a bug.

However, you can pull Autumn Dragonfish with skill less than 94 as per the following table found elsewhere in Stratics:

Fishing in the High Seas

I'd be interested to see what other little "gems" like this that are out there...

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Autumn dragonfish are found by fishing in Ilsh. Doesn't seem to matter whether it's lava or water, as long as you're on that facet.

4. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Correct me if I am wrong, but the fishing skill column in "fishing in the high seas" is the skill the person had who first reported success catching the fish. I don't think anyone has nailed the minimum skill necessary for any special or rare fish.

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

You are correct, that's why there's a * by the entries and a matching foot note: