1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Publish 97 is currently on TC1! They are currently focusing on the pet customization aspect of the pet revamp. Head to TC1 and send in your feedback or discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A new State of Stratics is up. Check it out here!
    Dismiss Notice

Stratics bug

Discussion in 'Stratics Bug Reports' started by Capt. Lucky, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

Last couple of days if I'm on my home page (google search) or facebook and I click my book marks to come to log into Stratics it kicks me back to the page I was on before I tried to visit Stratics. Anyone know what's doing this? I pretty much have to close my browser then come to Stratics and log in for it to work right.

2. Giggles

Giggles Forum Administrator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

Moved this to the proper forum, to make sure the right people see it =)

Captn Norrington and Capt. Lucky like this.
  3. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron Event Coordinator

4. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

just more proof that facebook is the devil :devil:

5. Oscar the Grouch

Oscar the Grouch Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend

Does this behavior only occur with your Stratics bookmark? Have you deleted your bookmark and re-added it?

Let us know incase someone else experiences this.

6. Capt. Lucky

Yes I really had hopes this had happened to someone else also lol. The bookmark is the same it's always been of late. Just to be as specific as possible. I'll be logged into FB and click the Stratics bookmark at the top of the browser in the bookmarks bar. Firefox. It will immediately kick me back to facebook. I'm always signed into facebook but I sign into Stratics with each visit. I also have this happen from the google search page which is my home page. It's a very odd thing, lol. It has had this behavior several times just the last few days. I'm never logged into a google account. So it's just weird lol. If I open the browser and make Stratics my first stop I don't have this issue. It's not the end of the world, just an odd thing I was hoping someone had dealt with :) I thought maybe it might have something to do with "log in with facebook" or something. No biggie, mildly annoying :)

7. Elenni

Elenni Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
    Moderator Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator

Hey, Capt -- if this is still happening, have a few questions for you:
    1. When specifically did it start happening (date)? Do you remember?
    2. Have you tried clearing your cache on your browser, then restarting it and deleting/creating a new bookmark as Oscar suggested?
    3. What is the actual direct link/URL string you are using in your bookmark? We can try to recreate it here.
    If it's fixed, however, would love to hear what you did to make it stop happening so we have it for future if someone else ever sees it :)

8. Capt. Lucky

Well it started of Tuesday and seemed to clear up on it's on around Thursday. I did absolutely nothing about it. As of right now it was good yesterday evening and today. I did run an unscheduled virus scan but it didn't find anything. Although it does scan on it's own so it might have snuck one in I didn't know about. I think I did get an nvidia driver update in the last few days also. But all's good yesterday evening and today so I dunno :p Sorry for the alarm and I appreciate the help and concern. I find it weird it seemed to only happen to me. But all's well that ends well. Just an odd thing.

Taylor, Captn Norrington and Elenni like this.
  9. Elenni

Elenni Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
    Moderator Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator

It is because you are special, Capt... ;-)