1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stratics Forums are now slower....

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Alvinho, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Alvinho

Alvinho Great Lakes Forever!
    Stratics Veteran

Stratics Forums are now slower than molassis reminds me of days past on a dial up connection, is it becasue of these voom things now?

2. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I dunno why it would be slower...but I do know Voon and the PxP things don't affect the forums. Neither have any bearing on the forums...they are independent applications.

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

The "Browser not responding" bug from long threads appears to be back. Some threads lock up my browser for 10-15 seconds (and in doing so, nothing else can be clicked either). MOST of the thread will load, then the freeze occurs.

Edit: it appears to hit the second the browser FINISHES loading the page, but of course, prevents you from scrolling to the bottom of the thread. The "Forum Change" thread is one of the current worst offenders. If the previous bug holds true, then it will only affect the nearly full parts of the thread, and the start of a new page is typically not affected until it hits 30 or more replies.

4. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Cool, thanks for the details :)

I will check in to a remedy for this.

5. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I used to get really long delays with Internet Explorer. I switched to Firefox and it doesn't lag up at all.

6. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Firefox is very fast on stratics.. IE locks up for a horrendous amount of time.

7. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Im also wondering if attachments could be causing it. I get that when i visit a thread with a one in it, and there could only be 18 replys in that thread.
    I use IE 7 run on windows professional and have service pack 3.

8. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

Have not had any problems. I do not use IE though.

9. Zodiac19

Zodiac19 Guest

Good explanation, this is the same exact issue I have been having for the past couple of days. I thought it was me as I just switched to a different network card.