1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stratics Forums Busted?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Cogniac, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

When I try to view UHall (or any Stratics forum) without being logged in now, it puts me on an "Error" page, tells me "You must be logged-in to do that," and presents me with a login form.

Is this on purpose?

Also: When I first encountered the "Error" page, I instinctively clicked "Log in or Sign up" without thinking and, oddly, it dumped me back at the same form and again told me "You must be logged-in to do that." I have to be logged in to log in? Interesting.

Also: Why is "logged-in" hyphenated? Makes no sense.

2. Shelra

Shelra Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

This also happened to me when I was sent a link to view and it wouldn't allow me unless I was logged in, also recieved the ERROR page. This change must have happened just today, as I was able to access it without being logged in yesterday. I have noticed there are only 3 or 4 'guests' and more members using these forums now versus 150 'guests' I saw yesterday. I usually view the "Recent Activity" page and cannot access that now unless logged in; and it now says "Activity stream for all registered members at Stratics Forums.", whereas yesterday it did not say this. I'm sure this was done purposely by the administrators; perhaps they want only registered members to view the forums.

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Profound apologies. I overfixed a problem and accidentally shut people out :(

4. Shelra

Shelra Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

aww, it's ok Petra :) I overly thought it out myself! :oops:

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

:). Bear in mind when you're thinking of 'the adminstrators' that's mostly Syrus, Magdalene and me. We're friendly, helpful folk usually, except when dealing with unfriendly posters who persistently ignore the rules.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.