1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stratics issues again?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by SchezwanBeefy, Dec 3, 2010.

1. SchezwanBeefy

SchezwanBeefy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Timing out and cannot connect to server, similar to yesterday. This happens every few page loads. =[ Anyone else having these issues?

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Just switched servers yesterday. I suppose they're still tweaking the SQL.

3. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I'm getting sick of watching TV, get it Fixed

4. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

Haven't been able to get on for hours.

5. Lord Urza

Lord Urza Guest

Iv been having issues for day, on my lap top I can often load stratics, untill today.

On my PC only the banners at the top of pages load, then the page will just quit loading.

6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I was on earlier then it quit and died again... It's been up and down all day. I am having withdrawal..

7. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Again?, LMAO. This is the first time in almost 2 days I could actually connect to Stratics, and it has been a couple days before that.

For whatever reason, I also found it VERY helpful to dump Internet Explorer and get Firefox. So far it is far superior. :) ,Faster and more intuitive. :)

8. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Tried getting on from work today.... Clicking on the UO Stratics home page link from a google search, was trying to redirect me to twitter.

Whats going on Really?

9. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Everything is working as intended...move along...

[YOUTUBE]CnjaUoR15dU[/YOUTUBE]

10. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

From the looks of it i think the Devs run Stratics now...:eek:

11. Babble

Babble Guest

Works for now, I wonder how long though
    :p

12. Vyal

Vyal Guest

switching servers wont fix it, you need new software.

13. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

You don't like vBulletin?

14. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Vyal, so, you mean we could be running this on a 486 SX/33 with a 10 mbps network connector, 16 megs of RAM and a 400 MB hard drive, instead of a quad core with multiple drives in a RAID and 8 or more GB of RAM, with a gigabit connector, and get the same performance?

make that happen and you can revolutionize IT worldwide.... :lick:

But, seriously....

No migration ever goes as planned (if it does, expect a catastrophic failure as soon as you turn your back - at least in my experience); there were other factors as well not hardware or software related, but that's up to the bosses to discuss those.

As noted before, it was a rush job, several days ahead of schedule.

Lord only knows what 2008 would have been like if we'd not had the "Big OOPS!" in April of that year, and had made the originally-planned migration from UBB to vBulletin in the summer or fall, instead of having to transition "under the gun" after that failure.

15. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

Remind me not to put you in charge of any migrations, LOL.

Btw, Stratics shouldn't really have been running on poor hardware to begin with. Still wonder whatever happened to Alpha Red, Yellow and Blue.

16. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

You'd have to ask Ryan and Justin that one. I have no idea.

17. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

If you think that such things happen routinely without issue, then you've either not done much computer work, or somehow avoided major run-ins with the imp named Murphy (in which case, he has something special planned for you in the future).

Typically things DO happen not planned for - the more complex an operation, the more likely the unexpected will bite you in the rear, and it then becomes a matter of how one deals with the situation. One doesn't schedule things like a registry error from a stray cosmic ray, or a hardware failure (even with a unit right out of the box) - they just happen.

If things were that foolproof, 90% of IT guys would by unemployed - or sitting on their hands like the Maytag Repairman of the old commercials.

18. Calliope

Calliope Guest

Pages are loading glacially slowly for me, makes browsing Stratics a chore! Also, parts of the Hunter's Guide are missing.