1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stratics OT NHB vs. OT NHB Redux

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by baraka66, May 30, 2010.

1. baraka66

baraka66 Visitor

Stratics OT NHB: I'm gone 1 day, and I have 1 page of posts to catch up on.

OT NHB Redux: I'm gone 1 day, and I have 5 pages of posts to catch up on.

2. 3 days, 3500 posts. lol

3. baraka66

baraka66 Visitor

Indeed. 5 pages of threads, not posts.

4. CrAnK

CrAnK Guest

It's too bad that those of us who are fairly new to Stratics and was just getting to know the OT:NHB will not get to continue lurking. Some of you were entertaining and will be missed.

Reading the drama was entertaining but all that is left now is saddness. Stratics seems so empty now. I hadn't realized how much OT:NHB filled that void until it was gone.

5. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

You just need to go a little further afield for lurking.

On the quantity of posts...
    In fairness, a large proportion of them are about a rather significant current event that affected you all, so you can't really make a direct comparison to a previous average.
    Not that it really matters - quality over quantity, so as long as it's still as entertaining to you all, the number doesn't make much of a difference.

6. Sawo

Sawo Visitor

Funny thing is that there is no RoC so ever and no guro posted yet!! I havent had this fun with OT posters a looooooooooong time.

Oh, its virus free too.

7. Kellogg

Kellogg Guest

The void created by our (forced) departure will only become more obvious as time goes on.

8. Zin

Zin Guest

Not exactly forced anymore. I mean... They opened the OT almost NHB here on Stratics... Many of us knew it. And only two or three of us actually posted.

I just wanted to rub LC's nose in his... Uhh... chocolate.

9. Drakken Payne

Drakken Payne Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Is that what we're calling it?

10. Kellogg

Kellogg Guest

The forcing out already happened. Half-hearted attempts to make it look like they're fixing it won't change that.

A PG-13 OT forum was attempted, partially in response to minor complaints about OT-NHB. It was mostly dead from the start, and half the posts were from Wisty.

Since this whole thing happened, I've seen people trying to claim that OT-NHB was "over the line" or "out of control". Seems funny to me since a lot the people saying that willingly participated in that forum instead of using the available forums that were more strictly moderated.

The fact is that people wanted that forum. Some are/were just unable to admit it, for whatever reasons.

11. Sawo

Sawo Visitor

i just love what happens to text when you type LC and post :D

12. Drakken Payne

Drakken Payne Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

LOL!

13. Zin

Zin Guest

Eh... Spoke too soon. They really were going for the read only. That's cool with me though.

I would say the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. But... Uhh... It doesn't fit. LOL

Yeah... *shrugs*

14. Zin

Zin Guest

That's what he called it... Well.. The misspelling of it anyway.