1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Strength and Archery

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Vorkosi, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Vorkosi

Vorkosi Guest

Hello,

I'm an old player that recently returned to Ultima and was looking for confirmation that strength no longer gives a damage bonus to archery. I've seen some mixed information around the web so wanted to make sure this was the case according to Connor's archery guide.

Thanks

2. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I don't know where you have read about this, but is a fake.
    The strength still give a damage bonus like all other weapons (I've just tested it for be sure on the TC)

3. Vorkosi

Vorkosi Guest

Professions - The Archer

From that guide by Connor Graham, at the bottom of the Skill Overview section.

4. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

I don't know what to say, its wrong, even in the status bar the damage will raise when you change the strength :p

5. Vorkosi

Vorkosi Guest

I would agree, perhaps Connor was meaning the 100 strength bonus? I would like to hear from Connor himself though if he has time to reply since it's his guide as to what that line means exactly.

6. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

ok, but the best way to know that is log to tc, put a bow in your hand and change your strength :)

7. To be honest, it's been so long since I wrote that guide that I can't recall the exact question I had asked the Dev who was providing my information. Rewriting the Archery guide was a massive project to research and put together, so unfortunately, trying to remember one line among 10+ pages worth of facts and figures is beyond me. It may refer to an actual "bonus" at 100 Strength (such as the bonus for having GM Tactics or GM Anatomy), and not the normal effect Strength has on weapon damage, but I can't say that with 100% certainty. That seems likely though. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

8. If you really want to know, easy enough to test this on TC1.

9. Vorkosi

Vorkosi Guest

That's understandable, I guess a better questiion now would be what stats would you suggest for an Elven ABC archer with 240 max stats? I'm currently at 80/125/35, but even with meditation, the extra mana for being an elf, and the mana increase item I have I still tend to have mana problems. Should I not be using Lightning Strike every shot?

10. [JD]

[JD] Guest

you need to buy a stat scroll... no way around it should be able to pick up a 15 or 20 not too expensive... or even a 25 if you get rolling in the dough

aside from that, run the spirit of totem. the extra 20 str will let you drop trained str and put it into int. and the 15 hci is nice

run tangle for 10 int unless you need the 10 dex.

get a few imbued pieces with +mana, or run rbg

make sure you have SOME lmc.. more is always better but 20 is minimum

lightning strike is the cheapest special you have.. you can consider mana leech bows also: di, ssi, hit spell, balance, rest in mana leech

make sure at a minimum you're getting the first mana discount based on your skills.

cant give too much more info without specific suit info from you. makin stabs in the dark here til we hear more

11. Vorkosi

Vorkosi Guest

Sounds good, it looks like most of my issues will need to be solved with gear I don't have yet. Thanks for the information!

12. Zalan

Zalan Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The strength bonus is not suppose to apply to archery last I knew. However, archers are getting the bonus. It may have something to do with throwing being allowed to have a strength bonus. & pesky coding issues. Lets consider it a feature & not a bug ;)