1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Strong Magics?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by JimMoreno, Dec 17, 2008.

1. JimMoreno

JimMoreno Guest

So, I'm logging out in Brit, and when I log back in, I see a message saying "Strong magics have redirected you to a safer location", and I'm now in Jhelom. Why? Is this because the towns are under attack, or some bug I need to report?

2. Sunrise

Sunrise Guest

TOwns under attack..if you log out in a town and its being invaved when you log in...Bam off to Jhelom

3. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

Until Pub 57 hits, when the strong magics fail...

4. JimMoreno

JimMoreno Guest

Copy that. Thanks!

5. Sunrise

Sunrise Guest

So the invasions are going to stop after Pub 57? or you are going to be able to recall into town when the invasion is happening?

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

The latter - you will then be able recall straight into the pit of hell, and die...

7. Duskofdead

Duskofdead Sage
    Stratics Veteran

That'll be fun. :( Seeing as how towns I visited in the afternoon were under attack a couple of hours later that evening. Already lost one set of regs and random loot by happily galloping into Moonglow because I was trying to get to Delucia and had no idea it was under attack until I ran through an evil archangel looking thing.

Is there a reliable way to check in advance what cities are under attack?

((Lameness.))

P.S. to any EA person who might happen to read, for goodness sake, make these things not innocents. For those of us who aren't upper echelon faction PvP people or whatever, it's ridiculous to not be able to murder someone who robs you right as you step out of a town moongate.

8. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The town cryer system has been fairly reliable...also Sherry the Mouse statues work this way too...just say "news"

9. Duskofdead

Duskofdead Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Er, where might I find a "sherry the mouse statue"?

10. Otis Firefly

Otis Firefly Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

its not an invasion my man, was a mis hap in the moonshine stash room downstairs behind the brit bank....when THAT blows...it causes strong magics and will blow pretty much everyone as far as it can...you just ended up in Jhelom, could have been much worse!!....wont happen again and sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused...just faulty kegs!...dunno who's fault *looks at Sunrise*:shots:

11. Infiniti

Infiniti Guest

ROFL