1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Mining] Strong Pixeaxe Miner Template

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Rocklin, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Rocklin

Rocklin Guest

Knowing that Basara is one of the pickaxe champions on the boards, I thought I would look into using the axes on a character to mine ore. I searched the topic and found a couple scraps (including the mining faq) on the subject.

I am thinking that I am going to make a character JUST FOR MINING. With that is mind, would anyone recommend a temple?

I know you could go Tamer, Warrior, Archer or perhaps a Mage hybrid. Anyone have a template or templates they like?

Thanks, Rock

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

My template started out

120 Macing
    120 Blacksmith
    100 Tactics
    100 Anatomy
    100 Parry
    100 Mining
    80 Chivalry

I then acquired 86 points of +skill items and added 86 Healing

If you go without the Blacksmithing, I'd look at

120 Weapon Skill
    100 Healing*
    100 Tactics*
    100 Anatomy*
    100 Parry*
    100 Mining
    80 Chivalry

* 20 points (split however you wish) into the current 100 point skills. Then, raise other skills with equipment, based on your suit choice. Remember to keep the weapon skill and Tactics at 90 real skill, at minimum.

Remember that Verite and Valorite elementals can break any item that isn't insured or blessed.

Stats, go for 120-125 STR, 60+ DEX and 40+ INT (after getting the +5 bonus, you can be at 120/60/50 or 120/70/40, before worrying about stat scrolls) and stay human for the carrying capacity. If you go elf, you'll have to stop a lot more often to unload, and also risk getting killed by an elemental a lot more often for being overwight.

3. Rocklin

Rocklin Guest

Thank you so much for your answer. =D

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Note that typically, mage and tamer based templates are bad, because the Shadow Iron (the most common ore elementals) and Valorite elementals are immune to pets and all offensive spells other than Earthquake.

5. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I use a similar template on my miners. One uses soulstones to swap mining with lumberjack and the other one has lj instead of parry. (They are on two different shards.) That way I can combine most resource gathering into one char.