1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Stubborn Heralds

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tina Small, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

May 12, 2008
    Has anyone else who has a herald in their house that is set to greet visitors noticed that the heralds forget what sex their owner is when the owner character is no longer online? The one I have set up on Baja is owned by a female character and every other character on that account is a female. While she is logged on, the herald's greetings to her and any other character that enters the house refer to her as, "My Lady." However, as soon as I log her off, the herald's greetings always refer to "My Lord" or the "Lord of the house."

It's a minor issue, yes, and one I've hated to bring up. However, I've fired and hired many heralds over the last year or two to see if there's a difference in the behavior of male heralds versus female heralds, and they all do the same thing: They seem to default to acting as if their owner is a male character if the owner character isn't logged in.