1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Stuck at 99.5 for Carto Any Suggestions?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Lisolette, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Lisolette

Lisolette Guest

I've made about 400 world maps and still no gain in 3 days . Stuck at 99.5 Any suggestions?
  2. decode maps?

... but 3 days means you should have 3 GGS.

normaly in 5 days after you reached 99.5% you should become GM...
  3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    You have to either decode level 2-4 treasure maps to go above 99.5 (or get discoed by a satyr, and craft maps there for the gains while discoed)
  4. Lisolette

Lisolette Guest

Yeah I havent even gotten the 3 GGS. :( I dont know what is going on.. It sucks though. <sigh>
  5. Lisolette

Lisolette Guest

I'll try this.. Thank you!!!
  6. when you even didint got the GGS.. maybe you dont have any free skillpoints?

check you skills, maybe you have to set one to decrease, to increase your cartho.
  7. Lisolette

Lisolette Guest

decoded an expert and finally got a skill gain.. Thanks for the advice!
  8. Kdog7777

Kdog7777 Guest

yeah cart is sorta like lockpicking in that gains will stop at a certain point & then you can only gain from specific things. For LP its doing dungeon chests & such after 95.0, for cartography, at 99.5 you can't gain makin world maps anymore, you have to actually decode Tmaps, levels 2-4.

Of course, getting discorded as mentioned is the other option, but with GGS it shouldnt take too long by just decoding maps :)

9. Aran

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

Apr 1, 2000
    Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes if you go use a satyr (theoretically)