1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stuck, help requested

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Doubleplay, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I have been at the bottom of the fan dancer dojo for a couple days now. Can't recall out, can't get back up the blocked stairs, and secret passage seems blocked too. Apparantly the player stuck help option does not work like it used to. I am added to the infamous que of 8. Someone help Please !!! Have not tried killing myself yet to ghost out if possible, but worried if ghosted, will be in worse shape than now with my abilities intact.

2. Ls Jax Ls

Ls Jax Ls Visitor

Um, go out the way you came?

3. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Thx for the reply. There seems to be an invisible wall in the passageway back to the stairs out. Yesterday the wall was right at the stairs, but now is in the middle of the passageway leading to it. I have logged out, restarted computer and alas am still stuck..

4. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I am on Sonoma... Maybe some could come and we could have a party.

5. canary

canary Guest

The 'I'm stuck' button should not add you to the GM queue. I'm unsure what you are doing wrong. It hasn't changed, lol.

6. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place. I click on the main menu, help option. There are several choices. I click on the help stuck option. That opens a window to explain your situation. After clicking done (having explained how I am stuck), I get system message that I am 8th in que forever. I remember how it used to be. You would click on stuck option and after a few minutes you would be transported to some safe location. Apparently it does not work that way anymore. Can anyone confirm this?

7. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I had the same problem with using the Help/Stuck feature for about a year after AoS was introduced. Instead of getting the list of towns to select, I would go directly into the help que.

Call a GM... Briefly explain the problem and ask him to check your character data to alleviate the problem.

The problem is that the data didn't reset after the last time you used the help/stuck option. The system thinks you have already used your daily allotted help/stuck assists.

8. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Cast invisibility on yourself or use hiding then use help, you'll be able to select a town then.

It doesn't work if a monster is targetting you, perhaps this is the issue?

9. My experience has been that choosing the help/stuck feature only occasionally asks for you to describe your problem (perhaps as a way of randomly spot checking if it is being used improperly?) I still get prompted occasionally, but usually just get transported. Have you tried selecting the stuck option again?

10. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Mapper you are a genius. Thank you for the help. I cast invis, and now I have been teleported. Lol it took me two days to get that done.

11. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Your welcome. :) Learnt it a while ago and use it all the time in dungeons etc, Basicly if you use the stuck option otherwise it brings up a box to type in instead of the town selection.

12. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

Now this is something I didn't know and I've been playing years! Amazing the little things one learns around here.