1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Stuck Weaken?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Dragonchilde, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Dragonchilde

Dragonchilde Guest

I'm working on some skills in Haven, and one of the spellcasting monsters cast weaken on me.

It didn't disappear after the timer.

Nw I'm stuck with a negative to my strength (I checked... I had at least 71, now it's 69. there's no timer... it says "time left: 0". I tried logging, and all that did was remove the crapped out timer, and now it just says "Weaken: -10% strength". I attached a screenshot.

How can I get rid of this? It's been 30 minutes.

Attached Files:

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    Go buy a weaken scroll at a mage shop and cast it on you.
  3. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2003
    Let the monsters cast on you again till the timer is again on the weaken spell. Never log out with a curse spell on you while the timer is still running or it stays there.
  4. Dragonchilde

Dragonchilde Guest

Gotcha. I ran around with the monsters, and that did it.

That's an annoying little thing. LOL. ah well, you live, you learn.

5. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    It happens from time to time on any of the stat altering spells that can be cast on your char. Sometimes your health bar will show perma poisoned or mortal. If your guilded, a easy way to get rid of it is to have a guildmate cast the spell on your char if your not a mage.
  6. <nods> Yup. I was perma-poisoned in Destard. It was a hoot seeing my HP all green in the statbar, yet fully healed!

Spectral Spellbinders in New Haven invariably nail me with a stuck curse. I just insist in getting their faces until they recast on me.